How to Make Filipino Macaroni Salad
Are you tired of eating traditional macaroni salad? The Filipino macaroni salad is a pleasing variation to make. Much of the work will only be in the cutting of the meats and vegetables in an otherwise easy recipe.
The estimated time for preparing the dish is half an hour.
- 3 cups Cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Cooked ham or chicken, Cubed about 1/2 inch or less
- 1 Apple, Diced about 1/4 inch or less
- 1 cup Pineapple, Diced about 1/4 inch or less
- 1/2 cup Carrots, Finely diced about 1/8 inch
- 1 Celery stalk, Diced about 1/4 inch or less
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp Relish
- 1/2 cup Raisins, (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Onions, (Optional)
- Cook the elbow macaroni and drain it. Set it aside to cool. While cooking the macaroni, prepare the other ingredients.
- Dice the ham or chicken into 1/4 inch cubes. Do not worry if the cubes are too big or too small. You can use leftover meat or lunchmeats. Cubed meats can also be purchased in supermarkets, usually at the salad sections.
- Cut the apple, celery, and (optional) onions into 1/4 square pieces. Do not make pieces bigger than 1/2 squares.
- Slice the carrots into 1/8 (1/2 of 1/4) pieces. Do not make the cubes more than 1/4 in size. This is very time consuming. To save time, you can purchase finely diced carrots in your local grocery, usually near the salad area.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, including the mayo. Add more mayonnaise if necessary but don’t make the salad soupy. Add raisins if desired to sweeten the salad more. You can add salt and pepper if you like.
- Chill the Filipino macaroni salad for at least 1 hour. Serve and enjoy.
More by this Author
This article describes a second method for installing lattice privacy screens. Within posts, adding stops is another way to hold the screen in place.
Interested in making the best puto? Here are three tried and true variations. Enjoy.
Do you have a large projection TV that you want to break down into smaller pieces for the landfill. Here's a guide on how to disassemble an outdated television no one wants.
No comments yet.