How to Make Fresh Rhubarb Pie
Rate this recipe please!
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP salted butter
- 2 9" pie crusts for top and bottom
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Make your favorite double pastry pie crust recipe or use store bought pie crusts. Place one crust in a 9" pie plate.
- Combine the flour and the sugar; sprinkle about a fourth of it on the bottom pie crust. Add a layer of the chopped rhubarb. Top the rhubarb with the remaining flour and sugar mixture. Cube the butter and dot the pie filling with it.
- Add the top pie crust and pinch the edges to seal. Cut slits in the crust to vent. Add foil to the edges of the crust to prevent burning or over-baking.
- Put pie on the lowest rack in the oven; bake for 15 minutes at 450 then reduce heat to 450 degrees and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Wait at least an hour to serve.
More by this Author
When installing a home ceiling fan you want to make sure that your follow several safety tips and warnings so that you prevent fire hazards, electrical shock, and personal injury. Read carefully when looking over the...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
No comments yet.