Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
This Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Recipe is Versatile
Get out your mixing bowls, baking dish, pot, and measuring cups and prepare to learn how to make chicken enchiladas with green sauce. These green chile chicken enchiladas are made with a basic recipe that the whole family will enjoy. Not only are they satisfying as is but the recipe can easily transition into a main dish by adding your own choice of ingredients. I like to serve it with a side of veggie loaded (green peppers, onion, tomato, black olives, corn) spanish rice.
- 3 cups chicken, shredded
- 4 cups green chile enchilada sauce, (comes in a can)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups sour cream
How to Cook Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Boil 1-2 lbs of chicken breasts or thighs in a pot until tender.
- Shred 3 cups of chicken into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup of diced onion, and 2 cups of green enchilada sauce. Mix together.
- Spread a thin layer of green enchilada sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spoon shredded chicken mix down the center of 12 corn or flour tortillas. Roll the tortillas tight and place them side by side in the 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour the remaining 2 cups of green enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas in the baking dish. Evenly sprinkle a mix of 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Spread 2 cups of sour cream over the top and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut, and serve!
Mmm Mmm Delicious!
Now that you know how to make green chile chicken enchiladas I'd like to encourage you to play around with the recipe. You could add honey and lime, plain yogurt and sour cream, chopped bell peppers, and even switch out the green sauce for red sauce or salsa. The possibilities are endless. Let me know how you made this recipe your own in the comments below. I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!