How to Make Healthy Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe
Whole Wheat Waffles?
Are you wondering how to make waffles (those delicious crispy on the outside tender and fluffy on the inside treats) more healthy and good for you? It is possible! You can make them with the fiber and tastiness of whole wheat and nobody will miss that all of that bleached white flour! Still, these are best with a bit of all- purpose flour, but not much! They are great for kids, family brunches, or basically anytime.
- 1 and 1/4 cups Whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup All- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 cups 1 % milk, If desired use buttermilk to make them buttermilk waffles
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites
- Dash of Sugar
- Cooking Spray
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Mix the flours, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, with a whisk.
- Mix the milk, oil, and egg yolks in another bowl. Then add to the flour mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with the sugar until soft peak stage. Then fold into the milk / flour mixture.
- In a preheated waffle iron (oiled with cooking spray), pour 1/3 cup of batter into each waffle ( for a 4x4 inch waffle iron) and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or any other desired toppings. Enjoy!
No comments yet.