How to Make Heart Healthy Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Healthy Chocolate Really?
You may be wondering how anything chocolate can be healthy for you, but it has been scientifically proven that a small amount of dark chocolate everyday is good for you! Good for your heart and your taste buds, it's a win-win! These muffins are quick and easy to make, and they are perfect for a breakfast on the go or for kids who are picky eaters! Nobody will ever know that these delicious treats are good for you.
- 3/4 cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour, whole wheat is best but you may substitute all-purpose
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar, For a flavor booster you may use brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil, Use a light oil for the best health benefits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix the egg, milk, and oil, then add to the dry flour mixture.
- Combine the two until just moist (do not over mix).
- Now evenly distribute the chocolate chips in the batter or if desired sprinkle the chocolate chips on later.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter so they are 3/4 full. If you saved the chocolate chips sprinkle them on the filled muffin cups now and let them sink into the batter a bit.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20- 25 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy! These are healthy and delicious.