How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
Please rate this recipe!
A great way to start saving money is to make your own pizza at home rather than spend hard earned dollars at a delivery or take out place. Pizza dough is way too easy and cheap to pass up.
- 2.5 - 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup hot water, 130-140 degrees
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix 2 cups of flour, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to the 1 cup of hot water then pour the mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until a soft dough forms. Sprinkle in another 1/2 cup of flour then move the dough to a floured surface.
- Knead the dough for 4-6 minutes, adding flour when the dough feels sticky. When it becomes soft and elastic, allow it to rest on the floured surface under a towel for 10 minutes.
- Rub your pizza pan with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Stretch the dough to fit your pan.
More by this Author
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
No comments yet.