How to Make Oven Baked Tomatoes - Quick Easy Recipe for Baby Tomatoes
A simple recipe for delicious baked baby tomatoes
This recipe is suitable for beginners - inexperienced cooks can rejoice at the fact that they can produce such a tasty vegetable delicacy with so little trouble.
You will also find here a Video about Growing Tomatoes, a Tomato Quiz and other Tomato information and Links to other Tomato Recipes
Baby Tomatoes after baking in the oven
Oven baked tomatoes are very versatile:
- You can eat oven baked tomatoes hot, warm or cold.
- You can store the baked tomatoes in a jar to use later, and give them as a gift - baby tomatoes look very attractive in a glass jar.
- They are great to eat on their own, with salad and cold food, as an accompaniment to hot meats fish or a vegetarian meal, in a sauce or as a spread, dip or an omelet filling.
Oven Baked Baby Tomatoes in a Jar
Equipment for Oven Baked Baby Tomatoes
- Large baking tray
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Chopping Board
You'll need a Baking Tray
A useful set so that you always have the right size for your cooking job
Ingredients for Oven Baked Baby Tomatoes
- Half Kilo (just over 1 lb.) Baby Tomatoes, Cut in half
- 2 Medium sized Hot chillis, e.g. jalapenos
- 8 cloves Garlic, (or to taste) crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon Anchovy paste, (or tinned anchovies)
- 10 Capers
- 2 Sprigs Marjoram, chopped
- Half cup Olive Oil
- Half teaspoon Pepper, Freshly ground
- Half teaspoon salt
Sliced baby tomatoes laid out on a baking tray
Instructions for making baked baby tomatoes
- Cut the tomatoes in half; finely slice the chillis; peel, crush and chop garlic; chop marjoram
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl with half of the olive oil and turn with a spoon
- Lay out the tomatoes one-deep on baking tray, place in oven and cook at 180 degrees (gas mark 4) for 30 minutes
- Remove the baking tray from the oven, turn the tomatoes with the spoon or spatula and return the baking tray to the oven for 20 minutes
- Put the tomato mixture in a jar and pour the rest of the olive oil over it
- Do not be surprised at the amount left at the end, as tomatoes are 80% water, and the purpose of placing them in the oven is to reduce the amount of water they contain
Baked Tomatoes in a Jar
Some people are wary of trying new recipes, and eat just a narrow range of tried-and-tested foods
How about you - do you like trying out new recipes?See results without voting
view quiz statistics
How to Make a Garden Vegetable Plot and Tomato Sauce
- Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe For Making The Best Fried Green Tomatoes Ever
The fried green tomato has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember all the way back into my childhood. I remember my Grandmother Hattie Propst making fried green tomatoes and also my Mom, Virginia Walker.
- Home Made Tomato Sauce - Quick Easy Recipe
This is the best tomato sauce for flavour and nutrition - when you make homemadeTomato Sauce, you can control what goes into it, making sure it is healthy and nutritious and being sure that you are not adding too much salt and fat.
- How to Make a Garden Vegetable Plot
I started gardening fifty years ago when we moved into our house which had a very unkempt infertile back garden - it looked as though it had never been touched. There were no flowers or shrubs, and the whole area was just grass
Here's a Bright Tomato Apron - I designed it on Zazzle who allow you to design your own products and sell them - it's fun
After you have tried this oven baked baby tomato recipe, come back and give it a rating
More by this Author
An unusual vegetable, learn what does kholrabi taste like, and how to use kholrabi; with links to various kholrabi recipes, a poll and a video about kholrabi. Try it - you might find you like it.
- 13How to Make Easy Stuffed Eggplant or Aubergine: a Recipe for Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Food Lovers
An easy recipe for crispy, aromatic Baked Stuffed Aubergine - a delicious vegetarian dish,which you can use for a starter, a main course, or as an accompaniment to meat; also a quiz, poll and videos
Butternut Squash Soup is slightly sweet, and can be eaten hot or cold. It is very easy to prepare, and the whole process can be done in 20 minutes. It is therefore a good recipe for the inexperienced cook. Simple...