How to Make Roasted Caulifower and Gruyere
Roasted cauliflower is absolutely fabulous, particularly with Gruyere melted on top. It takes a while to cook, but it is worth the wait.
1 head of cauliflower, washed, leaves removed, and stem cut to the base of the head.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Freshly grated Gruyere Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the whole head of cauliflower, stem side down, in a covered casserole dish.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Brush the oil over the entire surface of the cauliflower. Season lightly with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil or glass lid. Bake for thirty to forty minutes, until cauliflower reaches desired tenderness.
- Remove lid, sprinkle a good amount of grated Gruyere cheese over the top of the cauliflower. Return to the oven and continue baking until the cheese is completely melted and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven. Cut into wedges and serve.
One head of cauliflower will serve three to four people.
More by this Author
With several grapevines growing in our yard, we typically have more than we can use in the season. The grape harvest doesn't last that long. Most of them ripen at just about the same time. And, they have to be picked as...
Aioli pizza, or white pizza, has a flavor entirely different than traditional pies made with a tomato sauce. Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise. While you could add roasted garlic to mayonnaise to make this recipe, I prefer a...
When I was growing up, a special treat was a burger at Bob's Big Boy. It is still one of my favorite memories from my childhood. Unfortunately, Bob's Big Boy closed, and took their burgers with them. After searching and...
No comments yet.