How to Make Rock Cakes
I have been using the following recipe for rock cakes for the last 17 years and I honestly believe that it is probably the best recipe I have came across for rock cakes. If you like you can substitute the currants for glace cherries to give a different variation. I hope you enjoy tasting the following recipe.
Flour 250 g
Sugar 100 g
Margarine 60 g
Baking powder 10 g
Currants 50 g
Chopped mixed peel 10 g
Milk 125 ml
1. Lightly grease baking trays.
2. Make an egg wash with one of the eggs and 25 ml of
3. Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder. Rub
in the margarine to a fine sandy texture then make a
bay and sprinkle the fruit around the edge.
4. Put the remaining egg, milk and 60 g of the sugar into a
basin and mix together until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the bay and mix to a medium
6. Break into pieces and place an equal distance apart on
the baking tray.
No comments yet.