How to Make Savory Simple Cheese Puffs
The cheese puff is a delicious savory relative to the sweet treats that are cream puffs. They are fantastic eaten on their own, but are even better when filled with a yummy savory filling. They are perfect as mini appetizers or main course dishes when made extra large and filled with a delicious filling. To make cheese puffs you must first start with the choux dough base. Recipe link below:
- Ready to use choux dough
- Shredded Cheese, Your favorite kinds (eg. cheddar, mozzeralla, etc)
- Additional flavor enhancers, Eg. Chopped green onion, ground black pepper, etc
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie pan with a greased baking sheet.
- Place spoonfuls of batter or pipe using a piping bag onto the baking sheet making sure to leave space for the puffs to expand. They should almost triple in size.
- On top of each puff place some shredded cheese and any of the additional toppings you wish to add.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes (for 12 large cheese puffs, for small cheese puffs bake for a shorter time). The puffs should look dry and peel off the baking sheet easily.
- With a fork or knife make a tiny pierce on the puffs to let the steam out and prevent them from becoming soggy. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- When the puffs have cooled cut the puffs in half, open up and scoop the filling (if using) into the puff. Close the puff back up and repeat with the rest of the cheese puffs.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
No comments yet.