How to Make Cheese and Peas Curry (Matar Paneer)
Yummy Cheese Peas Curry
Cheese Peas curry is a delicious dish. You can have it with chapati or rice. It tastes yummy with both. It is not only great in taste but also full of nutrition. Cheese, concentrated dairy product, is made from milk curd. It contains calcium, phosphorus, protein, vitamins and fat. Many types of cheese are available in market. It takes 5 kg milk to make 1/2 kg cheese. Peas is also very good for health. Both cheese and peas make many dishes. Cheese peas curry is one of them.
Indian Recipes Book
Paneer (Cheese) is one of the delicious and nutritious product that can be used in many ways. I am going to tell you how to make Cheese Peas Curry.
- Cheese Cube- 250 grams
- Green Peas- 300 grams
- Onions- 3 medium
- Garlic- 3 medium
- Green chili- 2 (according to taste; chopped)
- Ginger- 5 grams
- Tomato puree - 250 grams
- Turmeric Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds- 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala*- 1 teaspoon
- Water- 2 Cups
- Oil- 2 tea spoon
- Grind onion, ginger and garlic and make a paste of both.
- Heat 2 tea spoons oil in a fry pan and fry the cheese till golden. Remove it from pan and keep aside it.
- Boil green peas and keep aside.
- Put paste of onion, garlic, ginger and tomato puree in the pan and, then add turmeric powder, coriander seeds, green chili, garam masala and salt; fry it until oil separates from the mixture.
- Add green peas, cheese cubes and water to it and boil for 4-5 minutes till gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish it with coriander seeds.
- Your Cheese Peas curry is ready.
*Garam masala- It is a mixture of red chili, dried garlic, ginger powder, black and green cardamom pods and Malabar leaves.
More by this Author
Bhabhani Bhattacharya is one of the most famous Indian novelists. He is the man who laid foundation of Indian English fiction. So Many Hungers! (1947) is his first English novel. It truly mirrors the society of that...
Poetic drama is the most famous genre of Drama. From Elizabethan age till now, many dramatists wrote in this style. here you can get sufficient information about it.
Cry, the Peacock is the first published novel of Anita Desai. It reveals the story of a married woman named Maya. The novel picturises the neurotic condition of Maya.