How to Make Sweet Potato-Apricot Casserole | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a Holiday Favorite from “The Cupboard Drawer”, the sweet potato is one of Gods great wonders as all essential nutrients can be found in this delectable root. In the Yam form it serves as a dietary staple in many parts of the world. When it’s cooking it is one of the smells that brings all the warm and love of the holiday season to mind, and with that thought here’s hoping you have a great Thanksgiving with those you hold dear, and a truly wonderful Christmas.
Please also take a moment at your meal to offer those who serve at freedoms frontiers your fellowship of prayer that they may come home Safe and Soon with the Mission Accomplished. Enjoy…
2 Cans (40 oz ea) Sweet Potatoes Drained
¼ Cup Butter softened
¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar Packed
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 dashes ground Mace
1 Can (21 oz) Apricot Pie Filling (Peach will work as well for a sweeter more southern flavor)
Preheat oven to 350 Deg
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Sweet Potatoes and Butter, beat until smooth.
- Add the Eggs, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Cloves, and Mace; beat until well mixed.
- In a 2 Qt Casserole dish, spoon in half the Sweet Potato Mix; spread evenly
- Add evenly, as a second layer half the Apricot Filling
- Repeat Sweet Potato and Filling layers
- Bake at 350 deg for 35-40 Mins or until heated through
- Garnish the corners with mini-marshmallows and parsley for presentation
Yield 10-12 Servings
See more from The Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...