How to Make Fried Taro Cakes
Taro is a valued tuber crop in Papua New Guinea (PNG) and the locals have devised many ways to prepare it.
In this hub, I will provide you the recipe for making fried taro cakes using readily available ingredients.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 taro, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 spring parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup ` cooking oil
- Peel, boil, then grate and mash taro
- Put taro in bowl or dish and mix with eggs
- Add milk, onions, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Form into cakes and roll in flour
- Fry in hot oil until both sides turn golden brown
- Serve while hot
More by this Author
10 common English idioms, what they mean and the unlikely stories of their origins.
10 inventions from Japan that may or may not have influenced technology.
A short story entered into the Crocodile Prize. The story is about a man's temptation into corruption.
No comments yet.