How to Make Fried Taro Cakes
Taro is a valued tuber crop in Papua New Guinea (PNG) and the locals have devised many ways to prepare it.
In this hub, I will provide you the recipe for making fried taro cakes using readily available ingredients.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 taro, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 spring parsley, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup ` cooking oil
- Peel, boil, then grate and mash taro
- Put taro in bowl or dish and mix with eggs
- Add milk, onions, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Form into cakes and roll in flour
- Fry in hot oil until both sides turn golden brown
- Serve while hot
More by this Author
These are the main loyalty reward programs you absolutely have to join if you live in Port Moresby, PNG
A short story entered into the Crocodile Prize. The story is about a man's temptation into corruption.
While Barrack Obama is considered the first black president, some historians suggest there may have been at least 6 Presidents before him who had 'black' blood or lineage.
No comments yet.