How to Make Tasty Vegan Friendly Pan Roasted Spiced Apples and Pears
Spiced Apple and Pear Dessert: Vegan Friendly
Cashew Cream Recipe
Vegan Friendly Fruit Dessert
If you love sweet, delicious apples and pears this dish is for you. It is a fabulous dessert for any occasion. It is a vegan friendly dish however, anyone who loves, sticky sweet desserts will love this recipe. It does not require any special culinary skills either. It is quick, and easy and the ingredients are readily available in your local farmers market and supermarket.
Serves 4: Time: 15 minutes
Here is what you need:
2 firm apples (such as Braeburn apples)
4 firm pears (conference pears are good)
3 tbsp agave nectar
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp cloves
3 star anise
1 tsp black peppercorns, lightly crushed
1 tsp olive oil
100 ml freshly squeezed apple juice
Cashew cream to serve (optional)
1. Core the apples and pears using an apple corer. Remove the skins and cut them into quarters
2. Pour the agave nectar into a large non stick frying pan. Allow the agave to bubble a little. Add the spices and then the olive oil. Tip the pan from side to side to mix everything together
3. Add the apples and pears to pan. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until they look like they are caramelised. Turn them a few times to prevent them from burning.
4. Pour in the apple juice and allow to bubble a little. You want the liquid to reduce and look a little like syrup. Take off the heat and allow everything to cool down a bit.
5. Divide the fruit and serve on warm plates, pour the caramel sauce over the fruit and add cashew cream if wish to serve.
Here are a couple more vegan recipes
Dessert Recipe Books
More by this Author
Boils can be painful and irritating. There are many treatments available over the counter. However, not all of them work. You can get rid of a boil naturally and this is what this article will discuss