How to Make Your Own Organic Chocolate
DIY Chocolate - Why?
If you've gotten on the natural food kick, you have seen how much of a difference eating healthy and naturally can make. Simple choices like organic milk, organic fruits/vegetables, or even foods without high fructose corn syrup or preservatives, they all make a huge difference!
So when I started eating these foods, getting healthy, and paying attention to what I was buying or making for my family, I got more interested in what snack foods I could make naturally that we could all enjoy. Because you don't want to cut out all your vices, right?
I got the following recipe for making some delicious, and natural chocolate from the AllChocolate.com website, and followed the instructions via a video presented by Premier chocolate maker, John Scharffenberger and approximated the measurements for the written recipe below. John is so great at what he does, and he really has a great recipe here!
Do you eat foods made naturally or organically?See results without voting
- 8 tsp cacao nibs, (ex. brand: Dagoba, Navitas)
- 2 tsp organic sugar, (ex. brand: Banah)
- 1 pinch chili powder, (optional) brings out the chocolate flavor
- 1/8 tsp cardamom, (optional) brings out a deep, rich flavor
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, (optional)
Tools/Ingredients You Will Need
- Pour your cacao nibs and sugar into a coffee grinder. Grind for roughly five minutes until it is the consistency of a fine paste, stopping every minute or so to scrape the sides of grinder of the mixture.
- After you have your mixture at the right consistency, take a little sample to see if it is the right sweetness for your tasting. You can add more sugar (or sweetener) if necessary.
- Add in any additional spices that you want to use in your chocolate. I've added some different options for different flavors in the ingredient list.
- Grind all of your ingredients now, again, for 30-60 seconds.
- Place your mixture into a mortar and pestle. Continue your grinding process here of your chocolate mixture until you've reached the point where it's smooth.
- From here you can either pour it into molds, or just enjoy how it is! A big thank you to John Scharffenberger for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Another way to make chocolate
Make Your Chocolate Into A Gift
If you're like me, you enjoy giving gifts that you've made yourself. In this case, if you want to package up your homemade dessert and give it as chocolate gifts, then there are lots of ways to do it!
You can make a little gift basket by filling a basket with your chocolate, dip some pretzels in your chocolate and allow to dry - people love a chocolate pretzel gift. Finish your basket with other little homemade snacks like yummy cookies, organic fruit, or other treats they would enjoy.
There are many ways to serve up delicious chocolate! And really, with a special treat this good, you can't go wrong.
Will you attempt making your own organic chocolate?See results without voting
Short on Time? Shop Organic Chocolate
More About Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate - A Healthy Food?
In the last few years, we've been hearing that dark chocolate is better for us than other chocolates. But is it healthy for us, or is it just the lesser of the evils?
- Quiz: All About Chocolate
How much of a choc- o- holic are you? Test your knowledge on general chocolate trivia with my fun (and tasty) quiz. Good luck! Photo Credit: All About Gifts & Baskets
- All About Chocolate
With evidence of cacao cultivation dating back to 1400 BC, it is safe to say that chocolate has been beloved for over 3000 years. Back in those early days, chocolate was consumed as a liquid beverage.
- Brownie Pop Ideas
Find step-by-step instructions for creating the best brownie pops ever using the Wilton Brownie Pop Mold. You'll find many decorating ideas on pictures too.
More by this Author
There are plenty of reasons to congratulate someone, but when do you know to give a little pat on the back or an elaborate gift? Here's some tips!
Have you ever wondered about baking with convection ovens? Well here's your chance to find out the difference it makes, and why you might want one.
Throwing a baby shower? Adding a theme can make a big difference! This article will give you loads of ideas for hosting a King of the Jungle baby shower!