How to Make a Strawberry Margarita - The Perfect Recipe!
When I need a recipe for a cocktail, I generally just search the web and find what I need right off the bat. Unfortunately, I was recently searching around for a good strawberry margarita recipe – and I couldn’t find anything that was working out all that well for me.
So I took matters into my own hands, and after much arduous experimentation and multiple strawberry margarita tastings…I have developed a very good recipe!
Great Strawberry Margaritas
- 2 ounces of pureed frozen strawberries
- ½ ounce
of freshly squeezed lime juice(key limes if you can)
- 1 oz of silver tequila
- ½ ounce of triple sec
- ¾ ounce of simple syrup (Make your own - equal parts sugar and water boiled until dissolved into a syrup)
- Crushed ice – fill your 8 ounce glass about ¾ of the way with ice and toss in the blender
- Blend all the ingredients together and serve very cold in a salt or sugar rimmed glass. To salt rim the glass, sprinkle salt on a plate, rub a little cut lime around the rim of your glass and then invert the glass and rub the rim in the plate of salt. The salt will adhere to the rim – make sure to do this before you add the margarita to the glass! (haha).
- Interestingly – I found that frozen strawberries made a better margarita than fresh strawberries (fresh strawberries are in season where I am in the world – which is why I was thinking of strawberry drinks in the first place). This actually makes it easier to enjoy a good strawberry margarita year round!
- Also, the margarita comes out a lot better if you pre blend the strawberries prior to making the drink. What we do is blend up a couple of pounds of frozen strawberries at a time and then portion the puree into 1 drink size amounts in the freezer – then when it’s time to make up a drink, we just grab an already measured amount of strawberry and toss it into the blender, ready to go.
A Lime Margarita Demo
- Delicious frozen margarita recipe. It's so easy to m...
Don't do it to yourself...don't make your body suffer another night of neon green package mix margaritas - especially when authentic margaritas are so easy to make! Here are the easy steps to a perfect, authentic, lime margarita.
More by this Author
How to make a refreshing summer tamarind fruit shake.
In much of the world, Kahlua is sold as a very premium liqueur. Were I to walk to my local wine and liquor store for a bottle of Kahlua I'd pay almost 40$! Which, although I do like an occasional Mexican coffee, is...
Before the invention of oil thermometers, cooks figured out simple ways to check oil temperature for safe deep frying. Now those secret tricks can be yours!
No comments yet.