How to Make the Best Eclairs Recipe
Mmhmmmmm eclairs are a delicious french sweet that is sold in many bakeries and restaurants. It is a a perfect treat, light yet rich and creamy. Surprisingly, it is also easy and fun to make! This super simple recipe will show you just how to make these too-tasty treats at home, instead of buying them at an expensive shop! First you must begin with the choux dough which is the base for both eclairs and cream puffs (recipe link below):
- Ready to use choux dough
- Pastry cream ( Or for a lighter version whipped cream)
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie pan with a greased baking sheet.
- Scoop lines of batter in a long (not too thin) shape or pipe using a piping bag onto the baking sheet making sure to leave space for the eclairs to expand. They should almost triple in size.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes (for 12 large eclairs, for small eclairs bake for a shorter time). The eclairs should look dry and peel off the baking sheet easily.
- With a fork or knife make a tiny pierce on the eclairs to let the steam out and prevent them from becoming soggy. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- When the eclairs have cool pipe the pastry cream (or whipped cream) into the eclairs through the pierce you made earlier. If this is too difficult cut the eclairs in half and scoop the cream into the eclairs.
- On a wire rack carefully drizzle the chocolate sauce onto each eclair covering the top, letting the excess chocolate dripped off. Refrigerate to let set.
- If using whipped cream you must keep the eclairs refrigerated the to prevent the cream from melting. Serve with a dusting of icing sugar if desired.
No comments yet.