Wine and Cheese Pairings for Holiday Party Fun
Which Wine With That Cheese?
"Wine & Cheese" is believed to be one of the most difficult of gourmet pairings. However, with time and patience much is learned through simple trial and error.
With a few tips and simple guidelines you too will find brilliant success in creating several most intriguing, and flavorful pairs.
What makes pairings interesting is that they are never ending. Wtih so many varieties of wines and cheeses one can make pairings a life long hobby that remains fun and exciting throughout.
The tables below show some simple red and white wines along with the suggested cheeses to bring about just the right flavor for your guests.
Simple Red Wine & Cheese Combinations
Gorgonzola, Parmigiano-Reggiano , Asiago
Camembert, Sharp Cheddar, Blue
Wine and Cheese Pairings
Signs of A Perfect Wine and Cheese Combination
Perfect wine and cheese pairing is a delicate balance. Below are a couple of signs that your pairing has been successful.
You are able to taste both the cheese and the wine without one overpowering the other.
The wine and cheese together bring out something new in either the wine or cheese that wasn’t present before. One good example, a Riesling wine will bring the sweet, juicy flavor of white peaches to an aged Gruyère.
White wines match best with soft cheeses and stronger flavors.
Red wines match best with hard cheeses and milder flavors.
Fruity and sweet white wines (not dry) and dessert wines work best with a wider range of cheeses.
As a general rule, an acidity wine will go very well with an acidic cheese. One example would be a Sauvignon Blanc paired with a goat cheese , this combination will leave a rich, fresh and fruity flavor on yourpa let.
Local Wines do generally pair very well with local cheeses.
Simple White Wine & Cheese Combonations
Mild Cheddar, Gruyere, Provolone
Wine Tasting Parties For Fun & Pleasure
Sure to grasp the attention of the invited, a wine tasting party is appropriate for many occasions. by Inviting coworkers, acquaintances , business associates friends & family to a well hosted wine and cheese tasting, you not only savor the wonderful flavors you also build on friendships and social networks at the same time.
1. Send 8 to10 invitations. A well hosted, successful wine tasting party includes a smaller, diversified group of individuals which proves ideal for everyone’s comfort around the table. This allows for interesting conversation throughout your wine tasting event.
2. Have about 4 different well paired wines and cheese combinations (see charts above)
3.Chill any sparkling wines overnight.
4. Chill white wines two to three hours before the party.
5. Chill red wines slightly. generally, red wines generally taste best at around 55 degrees.
6. Be sure to take the cheeses out of the fridge about one hour before your party
7. Group similar cheeses on one plate. To avoid unsatisfactory changes in the flavor of your cheese leave plenty of room between pieces when placing them on the plates.
8. Using a side table or counter and the chart above, pair cheeses and wines and place them in order from mildest to strongest.
9. Place elegantly written lables, each with its wine and corresponding cheese
For the table, less is better . a plain white cloth with decorative napkins and possibly a small elegant wine decoration as a center piece is suitable.
Place glasses for wines next to each (Be sure to place the proper glass with the corresponding wine.)
Have a Wonderful Party :)
© 2012 starme77
More by this Author
The Narcissist hates happy people and seeks to destroy all that is good. Because of this, Holidays only increase their Narcissistic behavior.
Many people have asked where do you find abandoned storage auctions in the UK. The process is similar to the United States. There may be different wording such as locker in the place of unit .
According to The Constitution of the United States of America, Child Protection Services (CPS) routinley violates parental rights destroying families using corruption, threats, lies and coercion,
No comments yet.