How to Roast a Pear and Roasted Pear Recipe Ideas
- Perfect BBQ sausages every time. Indirect grilling f...
Smoky browned BBQ sausages are a summertime treat, and the smoky heat of the grill is one the best possible ways to flavor a fresh sausage. Sausages are a great weekday BBQ meal too, as they require so...
- How to make great BBQ ribs. Easy tips and tricks for...
6 easy tips and tricks to making great BBQ ribs every time! Easy things that you can do to improve the taste and consistency of your cue. It's Barbecue season again - Get Smoking!
- Grilled corn three ways.How to best grill sweet corn...
3 ways to grill up some sweet sweet corn! A perfect excuse to combine smoky grilled corn with loads of butter and salt for a bit of summer indulgence.
- Shrimp Taco Recipe. How to Make Mexican Shrimp Tacos...
Shrimp tacos can be made in about 10 minutes, only call for a handful of ingredients and are a perfect easy meal for one. They are also one of the best Mexican meals you'll ever make for yourself!
Roasted pears are a glorious thing, allowing you to savor a pear’s sweet subtle perfection without necessarily waiting for that ideal moment of ripeness.
Here are easy basic instructions on how to roast pears, followed by a few ideas for simple salads and other recipes that highlight these roasted fruit perfectly.
How to Roast a Pear
- Cut a pear into 4 lengthwise quarters, coring to remove the
seeds (but you can keep the stem atop one or more of the quarters, as it looks
very attractive in the finished product). Repeat with as many pears as you'd like to roast!
- Heat the heaviest fry pan or skillet you have over medium
high, and when hot, add in a Tbls or so of butter. (More pears, means more butter is needed, obviously...)
- Let the butter melt and then add in your pears flat against the hot pan.
- Let the pears fry for 3 or 4 minutes and then flip over onto the other flat side, and repeat.
- The pears are done when they are browned slightly and softened throughout.
Make these with pears straight from the market – no more waiting and watching for an eternity for pears to soften on the countertop! Once roasted, you have something that goes well with any number of dishes
Roasted Pear Ideas
- Serve on pancakes with real maple syrup and toasted walnuts
- Serve with a salad of bitter greens, nuts, vinaigrette and a tart cheese. Cheese that go classically well with roasted pears in a salad include: gorgonzola, old cheddar, stilton, parmesan, Roquefort and pecorino, amongst others! An easy late summer lunch of roasted pears, toasted walnuts, a balsamic vinaigrette and shavings of real parmesan cheese, served with some good artisan bread – pretty close to as good as it gets!
- Roasted pear and brie quesadillas
- Roasted pears on vanilla ice cream with honey and walnuts
- A sourdough sandwich with thick cut bacon, butter, arugula lettuce and roasted pears
- A bagel with cream cheese, bacon and roasted pears
- Pork chops in a balsamic glaze (or a citrus glaze – something tart, anyway) and roasted pears
- Sweet potato and roasted pear soup (a pureed soup) you could also use butternut squash, apples, in any combination. Try using a scant pinch of allspice for the flavoring
- Served as a dessert with good dark chocolate and a glass of tawny or ruby port
Just a few ideas to get you started. So get out to your local farmers market and pick up some in-season pears, roast them up and then get creative, using them to compliment any number of dishes.
More by this Author
photo credit: www.eatfoo.com Col. Sanders be gone. Make your own country-fried chicken at home, and get a rich, dark brown chicken with a shatteringly crisp crust and a taste so good you'll find yourself inexplicably...
There are as many chili recipes as there are Texans. To say that this recipe is the world's best may be a little difficult to prove, but it's pretty darn good! The secret to great chili is using the right ingredients...
Before the invention of oil thermometers, cooks figured out simple ways to check oil temperature for safe deep frying. Now those secret tricks can be yours!