How to cook Cajun Spiced Grilled Chicken
Introduction to Cajun grilled chicken
Are you looking for some ways on how to cook poultry products such as chicken? If you are a competitive cook looking for ways on how to cook chicken, then you have come to the right place. One of the best ways to cook chicken is by grilling. In this hub, I will be providing a step by step process on how to cook Cajun Spiced Grilled Chicken. Don’t worry; I will guide you all the way on how to prepare this delightful meal.
As a cook, you can have this as a menu in your own restaurant. People will be enticed to visit your restaurant often since this meal is regularly served in five start restaurants and hotels. You can’t imagine that a wonderful meal like this is sold in restaurants on a high price where in fact preparing it is easy as pie and the ingredients can be bought in your local market.
Procedures on how to prepare Cajun spiced grilled chicken
1. Dressing the chicken
The first thing you need to do is to prepare 4 pieces skinless chicken breast; scored and deboned. The next thing you need to do is to insert 2 garlic gloves that are thinly sliced in each slit of the chicken. Afterwards, season each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Set this aside and prepare the Cajun spice.
2. Prepare the Cajun Sauce
To prepare the Cajun spice; in a medium sized bowl combine 1 tablespoon paprika, a tablespoon of brown sugar, 2 tsp. ground chili peppers, 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. dried sage, and 1/2 tsp. dried thyme.
3. Marinade the chicken
With the spiced mixture, rub the chicken and make sure that every section is evenly distributed with the sauce. Set this aside and chill it for at least 40 minutes to an hour through your refrigerator.
How would you rate Cajun grilled chicken?
Preparation time for Cajun spiced grilled chicken
Ingredients needed for Cajun spiced grilled chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breast, scored
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 pcs pineapple, sliced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Cooking procedures for Cajun spiced grilled chicken
- Preheat your grill to medium temperature or roughly around 350 ⁰ F. If you are using an electric grill it should be around 180 ⁰ C or 350 ⁰ F.
- For the basting of the chicken, mix together 2 tbsp. of Canola oil and 2 tbsp. lemon juice.
- After mixing your basting, brush some basting onto the chicken.
- Grill some pineapple slices and try not to make it dry. That way it will still have some juice left in it.
- After grilling some pineapple slices, you can set these aside which will be used later on as decorations for the grilled chicken.
- Now this is the most exciting part, grilling the chicken. Take the chicken out of the fridge.
- With the same temperature of the grill, place the marinated chicken and grill it for 12 to 15 minutes.
- If 12 to 15 minutes is not enough, you can definitely grill it for longer periods of time until done. A good tip not to overcook the chicken is the rub in extra marinade to make sure the chicken will not dry up. You can also slit the chicken to make sure that it will be cooked all the way to the inside.
- After grilling all of your prepared chicken, place it on a plate and top over the grilled pineapples that you have grilled earlier. Better yet, try to use the grilled pineapple slices to make the food more appealing.
Nutritional value of Cajun spiced grilled chicken
There are some nutritionist that claim chicken has less fat compared to pork and beef. But this does not mean that you are safe from Hypertension caused by too much intake of fatty foods. The best part of the chicken that doesn’t contain too much fat is chicken breast. Chicken just like any other meat contains proteins. Proteins are essential nutrients needed by the body to repair and maintain itself. Protein is also essential for human growth and development during childhood, adolescence, and pregnancy. Chicken also contains Choline which protects the liver from damage and cancerous cell changes. Chicken is also reach in B vitamins such as Niacin, Thiamin, Folate, vitamin B6, and Riboflavin. These vitamins help maintain the health of the digestive and nervous system. On top of vitamins and proteins; chicken also contain minerals such as selenium which serves as anti-oxidant that helps reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Selenium may also improve Asthma and other bronchitis symptoms; no wonder chicken soup is commonly served with people with fever caused by cough and colds. Chicken also contains minerals such as phosphorous, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, and magnesium. While pineapples and lemon juice on the other hand are good sources of vitamin C. Lemon juice also contains folate that aids in red blood cell formation. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are also available in lemon juice which may help slow muscular degeneration and reduce cataract risk. Lutein and Zeaxanthin works with vitamin A found in pineapples to make our eyes and vision healthy. Pineapples also contain fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins D, E, and K.
Nutritional value of Chicken breast
|Serving size: 3 ounce of chicken breast|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Protein 27 g||54%|
|Cholesterol 73 mg||24%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Other nutritional value of Chicken breast
3 ounce of chicken breast
59% of Niacin
34% of Selenium
26% of Vitamin B6
20% of Phosphorus
8% of Pantothenic acid
6% of Riboflavin, Potassium, and Zinc
More by this Author
This hub was made in honor to the great hero in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne Akasha the Queen of Pain. The purpose of this hub is to educate gamers around the globe on how to properly use Akasha as a hero without being...
This hub is about creating a refreshing drink called Coco milk tea. Not only it is healthy but also a refreshing drink any person would greatly appreciate.
This webpage describes a quick guide for gamers who are playing Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. The purpose of this is to add information on how to use the character Tiny the Stone Giant properly. This can also help...