How to make Grilled Beef Kabobs
Ingredients for Marinade
- 2 lbs of Top Round Steak cut in 1 inch sections
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 2/3 cup of Honey
- 2/3 Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Red Peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Yellow Peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large Red Onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl
- Set aside a 1/2 cup of marinade for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large zip lock bag and add the Beef cubes, onion and peppers.
- Let it marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. I prefer to let it marinade overnight. If you marinade overnight, you may want to only add the onions and peppers to the marinade and meat in the morning. (a few hours before you want to grill them)
Add the meat, peppers and onions to the skewers (alternate with pepper, onion and then meat). NOTE: (if using bamboo skewers, make sure that you soak them in water for at least a 1/2 hour before grilling to prevent them from burning)
- Cook the kabobs for about 10-15 minutes (depending on level of doneness).
- Turn the skewers to make sure that it is cooked well on all sides and brush on the marinade you reserved earlier regularly.
- Note: I use an instant read thermometer to ensure that it is done medium. (around 145 degrees).
- Remove from grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- I like to serve this on a bed of white or fried rice .
How to make a simple Fried Rice
2 Tbsp Butter
2 Eggs Beaten
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 cups of rice prepared and cooled
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup of frozen peas
Melt 1 Tbsp butter into a pan
Scramble the eggs and breaking it up into pieces
Set the eggs aside on a plate
Melt 1 Tbsp butter in the pan
Saute the onions (and any additional peppers you may want to add) until onions become a little translucent.
Add the eggs, rice and soy sauce to the pan with the onions and mix until it is a uniform color.
Stir in the peas and heat until they become warm.
Remove from heat
No comments yet.