How to make Beautiful Scones
Points to Note
The mix below will yield 10 portions and is one of my favourite recipes. One point to note is if you are going to double,treble or quadruple the mix you dont need to do the same with the baking powder. If i was going to quadruple this mix i would only double the baking powder otherwise the end product would not be as nice.
Oh Pure Heaven
BASIC SCONE MIX
Flour 250 g
Sugar 50 g
Margarine 50 g
Baking powder 20 g
Milk 150 ml
Egg x 1
1. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the cold milk.
3. Rub the margarine into the flour to obtain a mix to a fine sandy mixture.
4. Make a bay in the dry mix, add the milk and sugar and mix to a smooth texture.
5. Roll out 15 mm thick and cut into rounds with a 5 cm plain cutter.
6. Place on the greased baking trays and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
7. Brush with egg wash and bake in an oven 220° C for 20-25 minutes.