How to make Broccoli and Stilton Cheese Soup
Warm and Filling
Broccoli and Stilton Soup is a warm and filling soup, when served with hot bread it becomes a nutritious lunch in the winter or simply to warm the children when they come in from school or college.
- 2 large Broccoli, Fresh
- 2 Vegetable stock cubes
- 2oz - 4oz Strong stilton cheese, add to taste
- salt and pepper, add to taste
- Prepare the Broccoli by cutting off any external leaves and by giving it a good wash in cold water. The stalks can be kept in it does not matter how thick they are as this recipe uses the whole head.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and then chop the stem into 2 inch thick chunks- it only needs rough chopping.
- Prepare 2 pints of vegetable stock according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Using a large heavy bottomed sacuepan which has a tight fitting lid- pour the stock into the saucepan.
- Add the Broccoli and simmer for about twenty minutes or until tender.
- Once the Broccoli is cooked put it through a blender . I usually do this in two goes,rather than fill the blender right to the top. If you do not have a blender you can "mash" the broccoli through a sieve, but it is quite hard work.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and stir to make sure that it an ebven thickness.
- Chop the stilton up into small peices and add to the soup.
- Once the Stiton cheese has melted thoroughly; stir the soup and serve with hot fresh bread and butter.
More by this Author
Some days I need a quick and easy recipe to feed my family and any additional hangers- on that seem to appear at meal times. One of my tried and tested recipes is Cottage Pie,which involves a little preparation but once...
If you need to eat gluten free food have a look at Tesco Free From Range. Tesco have a range of products, the majority of which are quite nice and are all "free from foods", in other words they do not contain...
The twentieth century has seen many changes, most notably in royal funerals. Still they are formal with pomp and ceremony but much of that ceremony is manufactured to suit the occassion.