How to make Chicken Briyani: Indian Rice Recipe
Chicken Biryani Recipe
Chicken biriyani is a popular rice dish in India. This recipe involves chicken pieces marinated in a spice and curd mixture and cooked with basmati rice on a low fire. You can cook briyani by using the rice cooker or pressure cooker. I have also included a link to a chicken biryani recipe video at the end of this hub. Check it out. Biryani made with goat meat (mutton) is also very popular in India and will make a fulfilling lunch or dinner for any event.
Ingredients for Chicken biryani
For chicken marinade:
- Chicken- 250gms
- Curd- 1/2 cup
- Chilli powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Basmati rice- 2 cups
- Onion- 1
- Tomato- 2(medium)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves- 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk- 1 cup(optional)
For biryani masala:
Make it as a powder
- Bay leaf- 2
- Cloves- 3
- Cinnamom- 3
- Cardamom- 3
- Perinserrakam- 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 1 tsp
- Pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2
- Oil- 2 tsp
- Ghee- 2 tsp
- salt to taste
Cooking method for Chicken Biryani
Here's the step by step chicken biryani recipe:
1. Clean and soak basmati rice for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Clean and cut chicken to required size. Mix with curd, chilli powder, tumeric powder. Let it marinate for 1 hour.
3. Take the pan and heat oil and butter. Now add chopped onions, fry for few minutes and add ginger garlic paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the chicken marinade, briyani masala powder, chillipowder and cook on medium flame till the oil comes out.
5. Add mint leaves and mix it well.
6. Add the rice, 4 cups of water and salt. Once it begins to boil, you can add the whistle, then reduce the flame to simmer and pressure cook for 1 whistle. It will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Enjoy the chicken briyani and post your feedback in the comments section below.
Video that shows how to make Chicken Biryani
- Easy Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes
Here are some easy valentine's day dessert recipes including cheesecake recipe, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate fondue. Try these simple and easy recipes and put your comment in the comment section...
- Pongal Gotsu Recipe
Here is a easy pongal gotsu recipe. Pongal gotsu contains eggplant, tamarind, garlic, ginger and seasoned with red chillies, curry leaves, mustard seeds and urad dal. Learn how to make pongal gotsu by...
- Free Pongal Wallpapers
Here is my favorite collection of pongal wallpapers. Enjoy this pongal with these beautiful wallpapers. These high quality pongal wallpapers are absolutely free to download. Decorate your desktop with one of...
- Ven Pongal Recipe
Ven pongal is a popular south Indian breakfast recipe. Learn how to make ven pongal by following this simple recipe. Pongal is made with raw rice, moong dal and seasoned with ginger, peppercorns, cumin...
- How to make Mutton Biryani: Indian Rice Recipe
- How to make French Toast: Breakfast Recipe
French toast is a breakfast meal in North america, Europe and China. French toast requires milk, slices of bread, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and maple syrup. Learn how to make french toast with a few...
- Mutton Nihari Recipe
- How to make Chicken Chettinad: Indian Curry Recipe
- Easter Deviled Egg Recipe
- Easter recipes for kids
More by this Author
Traditional Chili recipes have ground beef and a lot of tomatoes. Variations like seafood chili makes it much more interesting and you can get a lot creative with innovative chili recipes. Easy crockpot chili...
Spicy Indian crab curry is a very popular recipe in India. Learn how to make crab curry by following this recipe. This spicy crab curry is perfect for cold weather.
Want to teach your child some basic math concepts? Read on to find out how an abacus make learning math easy and fun for your child!