How to make Chicken Masala? (The Indian style recipe)
Indian style chicken masala
- 500 gms chicken, pieces
- 2 tbps red chilly powder
- 2 tbps turmeric powder
- 1 tbp coriander powder
- 4 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbps ginger-garlic, in a paste
- 4 tbps curd
- 1 tbp black pepper, grounded
- 4 tbps cooking oil
- lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1 tbp coriander leaves (parsley), chopped for garnish
- 3 green chillies
- For chicken marination: marinate the chicken pieces in 1 tbp chilly powder, 1 tbp turmeric powder, 4 tbps curd, 1 tbps ginger-garlic paste and salt (according to your taste). Leave it for an hour.
- In a kadai (thick circular deep cooking pot like a wok), add cooking oil and the sliced onions on medium heat. Fry the onions till crunchy brown. Add chopped green chillies.
- Add 1 tbp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbp red chilly powder, 1 tbp turmeric powder, 1 tbp coriander powder and stir continuously for a minute.
- Now add the marinated chicken piece into the kadai masala, add tomatoes, 1tbps grounded black pepper.
- Leave it for 15 minutes stirring occasionally to cook completely.(tip: add 200 ml water if you require gravy)
- Garnish using 1 tbp coriander leaves and lemon, serve hot!
Did you like this recipe?
More by this Author
Give your mind to greetings as it helps to build your skills!
Wondered how it feels to paint on fabric? A plain tee or satin dresses glooms when painted using acrylic paints..here is the tutorial you can try for feeling that you know how to design.