How to make White Chicken Qorma
How will You Grade IT
White Chicken (Qorama) is delicious dish for non vegetarian in India and Pakistan. It is simple but very different from the regular cooking of chicken or mutton. It does not have red chili or other spices.
White chicken (Qorama) is one of important dish of northern India and Pakistan. This is very good main dish for small occasions. It is always made with other dishes. White Chicken ( Qorma) is very good choice for small functions and family gatherings.
Almonds - How to get it ready.
Soak the almonds in the water for one night. Peeled the almonds, grind them fine. This is the first step in the preparation of delicious dish. If you don't have enough time or forget to soak before night then there is alternative method also, soak the almonds in hot hot water for more than an hour. Then grind the soaked Almond in milk. Paste is ready to be used.
Chicken - How to cut the chicken
Cut the small chicken of weight 1 kg. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Make around 16 pieces of chicken. It will be good if you take boneless chicken of 1 kg to make it more tasty. Clean the chicken with 3 waters. Soak the chicken pieces in warm water till you put it into use.
The second step is take the required quantity of onion. Remove the upper cover of onion. Then sliced it small. When you are finished with Onion take required quantity of ginger and garlic, cut it small. Then grind it fine in the grinder or mixer.
Then cut the green chili into small pieces.
Then arranged all ingredients in one tray and arrange them in sequence how you want to use them. place and sliced onion in small pieces. Put sunflower oil in the pot and hot it. Stir the pot continuously while frying the onions. Fry the onion in the sunflower oil till it become golden brown. Remove the onion from the pot. When the onion is ready make paste of the onion in mixer.
Put the meat in the pot with oil. Also put green chili and fry it till the chicken become tender, continuously stir the chicken. Once the meat is tender add the spices mix pocket in the pot. It will take around 10 minutes. Stir it till it mixes well. Add ginger and garlic paste and mix well till it get brown. Put the onion paste in the pot. Now put yogurt , ginger , garlic and fry the meat. Stir it continuously so that it is fried evenly. Take care that the yogurt is well mixed and paste is ready.
Mix the almond paste with milk in the pot stirring continuously. See a even paste is ready. Then add lemon juice and ginger julienne in the the pot. Stir well till everything is well mix.
Cover and cook it for till the meat becomes soft and oil separates usually it will take 30 minutes and above. The put almond paste, lemon juice and milk. Mix water for the required gravy. Cook for few minutes and your food is ready to serve.
- 750 gm to 1 Kg Chicken, Chicken cut into small pieces
- 250 gm Onion, Sliced into small pieces
- 200 gm - 250 gm Yogurt, fresh and Whipped very well
- 10 gm Ginger Paste, The paste must be smooth and fine grined
- 10 gm Garlic PAste, The paste must be smooth and fine
- 20 gm Green Chilli, Finely Chopped
- 5 ml Ginger - julienne
- 10 ml Lemon Juice
- 50 ml Fresh Milk
- 50 gm Almond Paste, Put into water for one night, peeled and make paste
- 200 gm Oil - Sunflower
- 50 gm White Qorma Masal, This is usually available as sachet in market.
Simple Steps to Making White Chicken Qorama
- Heat the oil , fry onions till they turn light golden. Take out and grind and keep aside. The onion must be cooked well till golden. Make paste of the onion in mixer with little water.
- In the same oil, add meat and ginger and garlic paste and fry. Now add chopped green chili, grind onion and yogurt mixture and white spices mix. Mix well, cover and cook on medium heat till meat become tender and oil separates.
- Add almond paste and milk, mix well and cook for few minutes. Once it is ready lemon juice.
- Garnish with almond and ginger julienne. Serve with Nan, Taftan ( Bread), or plain boiled rice
- While cooking stir the pot continuously so it mix well. The ingredients must be added in sequence to get the best taste of the dish. This is light dish for the family get together and occasions.
|Serving size: 125 gram|
|Calories from Fat||207|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 23 g||35%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Unsaturated fat 31 g|
|Carbohydrates 3 g||1%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 42 g||84%|
|Cholesterol 107 mg||36%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
1. What is poverty- Definition There are essentially two distinct concepts of poverty: the absolute and the relative poverty concepts. The former is normally associated with some income...
What Is a Project? Introduction The first stage in developing an understanding of project management is to define what a project is and, by contrasting with other production systems, what a project is...
Project Manager Selection Criteria and Critical Success Factors The Project Manager One of the most important decisions in project management is the choice of project...
No comments yet.