How to make Croissants
Croissants originate from France they are a delicious pastry that is most commonly enjoyed at breakfast time. Croissants are best served warm and with jam. This hub will show you how to make croissants. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1 1/4oz Flour
- 1/4oz Salt
- 6oz Margarine
- 1/2 Pint Milk and Water
- 1oz Yeast
- 1/2oz Sugar
- Warm the flour and add the salt
- Melt 1 1/2oz of the margarine, add it to the milk and water and warm it
- Cream the yeast and the sugar
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and mix to a light dough with the yeast and liquid
- Knead lightly and set to rise for about 1/2 hour. Then knead lightly on a floured board and roll out into an oblong
- Place one third of the remaining margarine in small heaps on the top of the two thirds of the dough, then fold in three, turning the bottom third up and bringing the top third over it
- Seal the ends with the rolling pin and give one half turn
- Roll again into an oblong, and repeat with the two remaining portions of the margarine
- Roll the dough out very thinly and cut into squares then into triangles
- Starting at the longest side, roll up each triangle, finishing with the point, and curling the ends round to form a crescent
- Prove for about 10 minutes on a greased tin
- Brush each of the croissants gently with a beaten egg and milk, and bake in a hot oven (450*F) for 10-15 minutes
Hopefully you should end up with some wonderfully tasty croissants.
More by this Author
The sexy little red dress is a pice of apparel that a lot of women have in their wardrobe. Why not mix it up a little with a red leather dress? Leather never goes out of style.
Zazzle.com is a print on demand company that not only lets you make money by creating your own personalised products, but also lets you earn money by promoting other peoples products.
Do you know what fashion accessories are? If not then you have come to the right article. This article will tell you exactly what fashion accessories are.