How To Make Garlic Juice
*You need a large amount of garlic to make a small quantity of garlic juice. About 30-40 cloves will make nearly 1 ounce of garlic juice.
Garlic is a medicinal and culinary herb which contains some of the most powerful health promoting factors. This article will tell you how to make garlic juice. Always make sure to buy good quality garlic. Organic garlic is the best as it contains more nutrients and health promoting factors. Also non-organic garlics are likely to have harmful pesticides and chemicals.
*It is always better to know how to make garlic juice after knowing all its nutritional benefits. The strength boosting, health and healing secrets of garlic have been discovered and documented several thousands of years back.
*Garlic is a rich source of:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6, B1 and B2.
- Proteins and minerals such as Calcium, Iron, Copper, Potassium and Phosphorus.
- Above all it has very low calories :)
Other Great Healthy Values
- Protects human body from fungal,
- Protects form viral and bacterial infections,
- Clear fats from blood vessels
- Lowers cholesterol
- Acts as decongestant and antioxidant
- A natural antiseptic and helps to boost the natural body immunity.
- Regular intake of garlic reduces possibility of cancer and heart diseases and helps in shrinking tumours in colon, stomach and breast.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure.
- The first step while making garlic juice is to separate the garlic cloves and cut the hard bottom from each clove.
- Now remove the light skin. Sometimes you may find the skin to be hard. Press a knife blade flat on the clove. This will make it easier to peel hard skin.
- Garlic juice is made by pureeing garlic by using a chopper, blender or by hand with a garlic presser. By staining the puree you get garlic juice. A food processor is a better option when you are preparing garlic juice in larger quantity.
How To Get Rid Of Garlic Breath
Raw garlic is more potent and has a pungent smell and intense flavour. Therefore eating raw garlic can cause bad breath and also pungent smelling sweat. But studies have proved that sipping milk while consuming garlic will help to neutralize this problem. Eating mushrooms, basils or drinking plain water has also been found effective. Garlic juice has a mild flavour when compared to chopped garlic. If you find it difficult to drink garlic juice on its own then try to mix it with other palatable juices.
Garlic juice can also be purchased in spray bottles and jars from grocery stores. But the juice sold may contain preservatives or additional flavours. Also garlic supplement pills and tablets are available in market which contains garlic extract. Another easy way of intake is to add a fair quantity of garlic while cooking dishes. But the best way to reap the goodness of garlic is to have it raw or in juice form. Once you know how to make garlic juice then there is no need to buy canned and bottled garlic supplements.
More by this Author
Garlic bread is actually regular bread topped with minced garlic and olive oil or butter which is then grilled or baked. This article tells you how to make garlic bread with regular bread, its nutritious value and...