How to make Ice Cream Filled Cream Puffs
A Good Cream Puff
Everyone loves a good cream puff, they are sweet and creamy. The only thing that could possible make them better is ... ice cream! Ice cream puffs are a delicious sweet treat your whole family will love and are a great dessert to impress dinner party guests, or put to smiles on kids faces at birthday parties! These decadent puffs are absolutely dreamy topped with hot fudge sauce, sprinkles, chopped nuts, or icing sugar. To make the ice cream puff base you will need to make the choux dough first (recipe link below):
- Ready to use choux dough
- Ice cream or frozen yogurt, Any flavor(s) you like
- Additional fillings, Optional (eg. nuts, fruit, etc)
- Hot fudge sauce, Optional
- Sprinkles, Optional
- Icing sugar, Optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie pan with a greased baking sheet.
- Place spoonfuls of batter or pipe using a piping bag onto the baking sheet making sure to leave space for the puffs to expand. They should almost triple in size.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes (for 12 large ice cream puffs, for small ice cream puffs bake for a shorter time). The puffs should look dry and peel off the baking sheet easily.
- With a fork or knife make a tiny pierce on the puffs to let the steam out and prevent them from becoming soggy. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- When the puffs have cooled cut the puffs in half and scoop the ice cream into the puff. If you are adding additional fillings into the ice cream puff, mix them into the ice cream before scooping the ice cream into the puff. Close the puff and top with any desired toppings.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
No comments yet.