How to make Kerala Pazham Pori recipe - A South Indian delight
A South Indian Delight
Pazham pori is a traditional recipe of Kerala State, South India. If you ever get a chance to travel to Kerala you are sure to see this mouth watering snack, in many of the stations. Vendors will be bringing these hot and delicious items into the trains for sale, and they know many people, especially people who are away from Kerala wait for their favorite Pazham pori, during their train journeys. It is a standard item in many Kerala restaurants. My family loves this delicious pazham pori and I hope you too will enjoy this delicious and mouthwatering snack which is made out of the long and tasty Kerala Bananas. Locally, these bananas are called "Nenthrapazham", and can be seen plenty in almost all parts of Kerala.
Pazham pori (Banana Fritters)
Items Needed for making Pazham Pori Recipe
Let us learn how to make this tasty pazham pori. We need the following items -
1. Ripe Kerala Bananas - 2 Nos
2. Maida - 1 cup
3. Rice flour - 1 tb.sp.
4. Sugar - 1 tsp.
5. Baking soda - a small pinch
6. Salt - a small pinch
7. Water - 1/4 cup
8. Cooking oil - 1 cup
Method of Preparation
- Peel and cut the bananas into two sections, and then cut into thin slices lengthwise.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and add water. Make it into a smooth batter, but not too watery. Care should be taken not to form lumps.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Take each banana slice and dip it in the batter, then carefully slide it into the heated oil.
- You can place 2-4 slices in the pan, one after another, without them touching each other. Care should be taken not to spill the oil into your hand.
- Cook them in medium fire until they turn golden brown.
- Turn the slices to cook well on the other side. After a deep fry, remove them from the oil and strain them on paper plates.
These Pazham poris are a very delicious, and filling. In some areas of Kerala, it is also called as Ethakka Appam.
Have you tasted this?See results without voting
How to make Pazham pori recipe
More by this Author
Like any other country, India too has got her own beliefs and superstitions.
Lady's fingers (okras) have high medicinal benefits. Find out why this humble vegetable needs to be included in our regular food.
Thinking of adding flax seed to your diet? Find out about the various health benefits of flax seeds, and information about how to use them.