How to make Pesto Trapanese (Video)
This is different from the regular pesto from basil which is the most popular which good reason as it taste great. This is a variation and stands on its own as a great sauce to go with pasta or spaghetti.
This recipe originates from the Arab population in Sicily, Italy. The Arabs migrating to Italy brought almonds to the cultural island and this pesto comes from Trapani which is the first place they settled hence the name of this wonderful sauce Pesto Trapanese.
You will need the following Ingredients
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 50g of basil leaves with extra to decorate the finish product
- 125g of blanched almonds that are toasted
- 150ml of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients above into a food processor and blend until it’s smooth.
- An alternative method is chopping the tomatoes, garlic, basil and almond finely by hand and stir in olive oil. This gives a much chunkier sauce if this is your preferred method.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning and add basil to garnish the Pesto Trapanese. Keep in a lid jar with a layer of olive oil and use within 5 days.
Video Blog Alternative 1
Video Blog Alternative Part 2
More by this Author
The height of the child is primarily determined by genetics but a healthy diet will help Genetics is primarily responsible for a child’s development. Good nutrition, exercise and sleep will help a child achieve...
Most people can enjoy a cold beer with friends; however, if you experience joint pain, it might be a symptom of alcohol intolerance. According to MayoClinic.com, a reaction to alcohol intolerance is immediate and...
No one can resist a lovely chocolate every now and then; here is the list of the top 14 most expensive chocolates in the world. So what makes these chocolates more expensive, well they are hand crafted by the...
No comments yet.