How to make Spicy Indian Crab Curry - Recipe
Spicy Indian crab curry is a popular seafood recipe in India. This recipe involves crab pieces cooked in a spicy mix and coconut mixture and cooked on a medium flame. This crab curry is perfect for cold weather and good for some health issues like cold as well. You can increase the spices if you like it hotter. You can also substitute cooked shrimp, lobster, king crab legs or imitation crab meat or lobster tail. If you are using raw crab or dungeons crab, clean it, and take the legs off the body. Cut the body into two pieces, discard the hard shell. I have also included a link to a spicy Indian crab curry recipe at the end of this hub. Make sure to check it out.
Indian Crab Curry Recipe
Ingredients for spicy Indian crab curry recipe
- 1/2 kg crab
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 5 garlic flakes or 2 tsp garlic
- 4 tsp coconut grated
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Turmeic powder a pinch
- 2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
How to make spicy Indian crab curry:
1. Heat a little oil and sauté the onions (1 chopped), garlic and cumin seeds.
2. Grind these spices with turmeric powder, pepper, chilli powder and grated coconut to make fine paste.
3. Fry the onions in oil till light brown. Now add the tomato and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the crabs and stir well. Fry for a while until there is a change in color on the crab shells.
5. Add the ground masala and cook the crab curry for a minute.
6. Pour 1 1/2 cups of water, and boil, covered and cook the crab curry on medium heat for 15 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat when crab curry thickens.
8. Sprinkle the coriander leaves on top before serving.
9. Now spicy Indian crab curry recipe is ready. Serve with rice.
Enjoy and let me know if you got it right.
Some Indian curry items
Tips for making Spicy Indian Crab Curry
1. Crabs come in different sizes - adjust the ingredients according to the size of crab.
2. You can make spicy Indian crab curry recipe using raw crab or cooked crab. Both taste really good.
3. The crab curry tastes best when eaten immediately after preparation.
4. If you are using raw crab or dungeons crab, clean it, and take the legs off the body. Cut the body into two pieces, discard the hard shell.
5. Replace crab with King Crab legs or Lobster to fit your interests.
Let us know how delicious your spicy crab curry turned out by sharing your feedback in the comments area below.
Video showing How to make Indian Crab Curry
- How to make Elephant Ears - Recipe
- Low fat diet recipes
- Aromatherapy recipes for massage
- How to make Pootharekulu: Indian Dessert Recipe
- Snow Ice Cream Recipe using Condensed Milk
- Low Sodium Recipes for Diabetes
- Low Sodium Recipes for High Blood Pressure
- Valentine's Day Recipes for Kids
- Ven Pongal Recipe
Ven pongal is a popular south Indian breakfast recipe. Learn how to make ven pongal by following this simple recipe. Pongal is made with raw rice, moong dal and seasoned with ginger, peppercorns, cumin...
- How to make Mutton Biryani: Indian Rice Recipe
- How to make French Toast: Breakfast Recipe
French toast is a breakfast meal in North america, Europe and China. French toast requires milk, slices of bread, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and maple syrup. Learn how to make french toast with a few...
- How to make crab cake recipe
Crab cake Here is a simple and easy crab cake recipe. This recipe involves crabmeat cooked in a worcestershire sauce, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garlic, green chillies and egg. Garnish crab meat...
- Chilli Crab Recipe
Here is a quick and easy chilli crab recipe. This recipe involves crab pieces cooked in a chili sauce, corn starch, pepper, ginger, garlic, egg and lime juice. You can garnish crab with fresh coriander...
- How to make Chicken Chettinad: Indian Curry Recipe
- Coffee milkshake recipe
- Bisquick coffee cake recipe
- Easter Deviled Egg Recipe
- Easter recipes for kids
- How to make Chicken Biriyani
Indian Style recipe to cook Chicken Biriyani
- Halloween recipes for some great desserts for kids
Pick your choice
What is your favorite seafood item?See results without voting
More by this Author
Halloween recipes and fun food ideas. Halloween dessert ideas including pumpkin pie recipe, witches hats, black cat cupcakes recipe, toffee apples and ghost cookie recipe.
Traditional Chili recipes have ground beef and a lot of tomatoes. Variations like seafood chili makes it much more interesting and you can get a lot creative with innovative chili recipes. Easy crockpot chili...
Want to teach your child some basic math concepts? Read on to find out how an abacus make learning math easy and fun for your child!