How to make Tomato Sauce - Side Dish Recipe
Tomato sauce is a delicious sweet sauce made of ripe tomatoes. Some foods makes more delicious with the help of sauces. The tomato sauce is served as a side dish. There are different type of sauces made with the help of various other vegetables. The tomato sauce is also used as an ingredient in making dishes. The tomato sauce is a great combination with the pizza and also several other foods. This sauce can be easily prepared in our home. The various ingredients and steps for making the tomato sauce is given below.
Ingredients needed to make Tomato sauce
1. Ripe tomatoes(cut into pieces) - 1 1/2 kg
2. Sugar - 3/4 cup
3. Vinegar - 3/4 teaspoon
4. Cinnamon - 1 piece
5. Cloves - 8
6. Cardamom - 6
7. Pepper powder - 3/4 teaspoon
8. Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
9. Salt - as per need
10. Sodium benzoate - half of 1/4 teaspoon
11.Red color - 2 drop
Method for preparation of Tomato sauce
1. Cook Tomato pieces well by adding vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pepper powder and red chilly powder.
2. After cooking allow this mixture to become cool for sometime.
3.Then take the mixture to a mixi and grind it well to form a paste.
4. Take the paste and Filter it to get the extract.
5. Mix the filtered tomato paste with sugar and make it heat. Stir this mixture continuously while heating.
6. Add required salt and food color to the mixture . Then remove it from the gas stove.
7. When this mixture becomes cool, add sodium benzoate to it and mix it well. Then we can pour this mixture to bottles and can be stored.
Do you like Tomato Sauce?See results without voting
More by this Author
This hub gives you details about the snakes which are seen in the state of Kerala. Variety of poisonous and non poisonous snakes are found in Kerala.
No comments yet.