How to make a Blue Kamikaze Drink - Perfect for hot summer days
This hub is going to teach you how to make a kamikaze drink, and turn it blue. Keep in mind that I will also be doing a cost friendly version instead of using blue curacao, which is a blue orange liqueur. I will be substituting blue food coloring and triple sec which essentially will do the same thing, but for a fraction of the cost.
Now I say that this will cost a fraction of the cost for 1 main reason. When you buy triple sec, or blue curacao at a liquor store you will typically pay about 10 dollars for a 375 ML bottle. Well The triple sec I am using in this guide is 750ML and cost 5 dollars at BJ's. It is an incredible deal, and I am not sure if its permanent but I stocked up just in case. Either way, you can use blue curacao, or triple sec, and will get the same effect, same taste, and same drink, just usually the only difference is in the color. In my drink recipe today, the only difference is price.
I would also like to point out that I am making the drink version today, as opposed to the shot version as I have in one of my other hubs. This version contains essentially all alcohol except for the little lime juice, and ice, so remember to drink these in moderation.
With all that being said, lets get down to this recipe so you can start enjoying this wonderful summer treat that will drive your taste buds CRAZY!
If you are wondering exactly what a kamikaze taste like, well you're in for a treat. A kamikaze features orange liqueur and lime which are the two main taste. The vodka does not add much of a taste, but the overall drink itself taste very fruity, and leaves your taste buds wanting more.
- 2.5 ounces Vodka, I use Smirnoff
- 2.5 ounces Triple Sec, I use Hiram Walker
- .25-.5 ounce Lime Juice, Either fresh lime juice squeezed, or bottles juice
- full cup Ice, Cubes works perfect
- 1 drop Blue food coloring, Any color can be used, I used blule for this hub
- So your first step, is choosing your glass. For this I am using a standard cocktail glass as this is supposed to be a summer treat and drink. This will give your drink that exotic look, and allow your drink to stand out wherever you are.
- Next fill the glass with ice. Even if you keep all you alcohol cold, you still need ice. This is a sweet drink, but after some time after this kicks in you would be wishing you had ice. So fill the glass, and have no fear the dilution of ice doesn't effect the drink, and you will still feel it.
- Upon filling with ice, you should remember that half the drink is vodka, the other half is triple sec. if you are going to use a glass like mine which can be difficult to measure by sight because of curved, measure out about 2-2.5 ounces of vodka and pour it into the glass. Then add the triple sec.
- Now you drink needs lime juice. I typically don't actually measure the lime juice, but don't add too much. I would say about .25-.5 ounces, or three squirts from a bottle of lime juice does the trick perfectly.
- Now the optional step. The food coloring. I use blue food coloring because it gives the drink a very exotic look which is cheaper than using blue curacao as explained above. The drink will still taste the same, but will have a dark blue tint as you can see in the photo. If you choose not to add blue food coloring, no harm done, but your drink will then have a lime-ish color to it which is a very light green. I personally like the blue MUCH better that the lime green, but in the end it all taste the same.
- Now you want to stir. You can mix the ingredients in a bar mixer first, then pour into the cup, but with this drink I prefer mixing all the ingredients in the cup.
- The final step. Adding a straw and enjoying your blue kamikaze. This drink is truly perfect for any occasion, and will turn heads as you walk out with this delicious concoction.
More by this Author
This hub will teach you how to make a Malibu Bay Breeze with pineapple, Malibu rum, and cranberry juice.
This Hub/Guide will teach you the basics on how to create and make a Baby Guinness shot you have at the bar, or restaurant.
- 80Guide for all Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 spec ops survival mode maps for SOLO players Includes all maps
This Hub, will go through a short strategy for every map. This is designed for when you are playing SOLO Survival mode. I will go through each map with a short description of the strategy for that map.
No comments yet.