Cake Ideas - How to make a Michael Jackson themed cake.
Michael Jackson Cake
This guide will help you make a great Michael Jackson cake for all occasions! Whether it be a birthday cake, anniversary cake, or simply a cake for anyone who loves Michael Jackson, this guide will give you ideas and tips to show off your cake-making skills!
Ingredients and what you will need:
- 2 cakes (I made a 24cm x 30cm and a 16cm x 16cm)
- Butter Icing (I used 250g unsalted butter, 500g icing sugar and a little milk)
- 2.5kg White Regalice Icing (available at supermarkets or cake supplies shop)
- 2 x 250g or small packets of red and black sugarpaste (available at supermarkets or cake supplies shop)
- Edible silver paint or edible glitter
- Tube of red writing icing
- Small edible silver balls
- A Michael Jackson (mine was from ebay)
- Cupcake toppers (again from ebay)
- Some red stars (bought or made)
- Cake board
- Several images from the internet (for making sugarpaste decorations)
How to make the cake:
- Firstly I baked 2 Madeira cakes using this recipe http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/madeiracake_73878
- I used the standard recipe for the small cake and multiplied the recipe by 3 for the large cake.
- When the cakes were cold I sliced the dome off each of them using a large knife and was left with 2 flat topped cakes.
- I then sliced each one in half and filled with butter icing and jam.
- I gave each cake a crumb coat (thin covering of butter icing) and left to harden.
- About 2 hours later I covered them in clingfilm and left overnight.
How to cover the cake with icing:
- The next morning I found some pictures on the internet and printed them off, to use as templates for my sugarpaste decorations.
- I rolled out ready made regalice icing to about the thickness of a £1 coin.
- After the cakes were covered I put one on top of the other.
Below is a really helpful link on the technique to cover a square cake with the icing:
This is how I cover a square cake with sugarpaste/fondant. Use this as a guide to help get the smooth finish you see on all of my work. :o)
How to decorate the cake:
- Then I made all the sugarpaste decorations.
- A good tip is to do this on baking or grease-proof paper so you can get them off easily!
More by this Author
- 7A level Biology Coursework - Effect of substrate concentration on rate of activity of the enzyme catalase
A level Biology Coursework - Effect of substrate concentration on rate of activity of the enzyme catalase. Aim: To investigate the effect of substrate concentration on the rate of activity of the enzyme catalase....
- 20A Grade GCSE Physics Experiment— Investigation Into the Effect of Parachute Surface Area in Relation to Its Fall Time
Follow along with my physics experiment and see the conclusions of my investigation.
An investigation into the resistance of a wire. Free GCSE physics coursework essay.