How to make a vegetable and cheese casserole
This simple and delicious recipe can be easily improvised with whatever vegetables you have on hand in the refrigerator. Sometimes the imagination can make a winning dish. For this article I will make it simple for those who cook very little by giving you all the ingredients.
Recipe for 4 ingredients
1 pound of small new potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons of butter or margarine
1 cup sliced zuchinni
frozen green beans (6 ounces)
3/4 cup garlic/herb cream cheese
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (your preference of mild, medium or sharp)
Begin by preheating to 350 degrees
1. Wash the potatoes and carrots and boil them in salted water for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Next take the butter and fry a chopped onion until it softens, about 3 minutes. Add the zuchinni and green beans and stir fry all together for another 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and add the yogurt and cream cheese. Drain the vegetable and slice the cooled down potatoes and carrots to about a 1/4 inch thick. now add them to the zuchinni, green bean and onion mixture.
4. Add all ingredients to an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
5. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes,(oven temperatures vary) until all vegetables are tender and the top becomes a golden brown.
More by this Author
Peroxide can be used in countless ways for everything from removing stains from clothing to whitening teeth. The price and uses can't be beat. Peroxide is a must have for every household.
For a family and friends Holiday party, here are some recipes for three drinks that even children can have. Recipe #1 Rosy Holiday Punch This drink, made in a punch bowl is a mixture of sweet and tart fruit...
I love to cook for my family and after so many years doing it, I just try to keep it simple most times.Try these delicious recipes and you'll won't be disappointed.