How to make a Mushroom Sauce
- 15g Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Plain flour
- 1 Pint Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 Carton Mushrooms, Peeled and Chopped
Delicious and Quick
Making a mushroom sauce is easy, requires patience and if done well then tastes delicious. The sauce is ideal for accompanying a steak or can cover grilled chicken breasts.
The amount of ingredients required depends on the amount of sauce you would like to make. The amount listed below should be enough to accompany 4 medium sized steaks or healthily cover 2 chicken breasts.
- Slowly melt the butter over a low heat until melted. Use a good saucepan and remove from the heat once the butter has just melted.
- Place the flour into the butter and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. This is the roux, it should be thick and resemble a paste. If this is still runny add a little more flour until thick and paste like
- Pour in a little of the milk and stir in the roux, add the remaining milk and return to the heat
- Heat gently and constantly stir the sauce, continuously stirring stops the sauce from catching and ensures even heating
- The sauce should start to thicken as it heats, it should not be allowed to boil and is ready once the thickened
- Add the mushrooms and stir, keep over a gentle heat for five minutes while stirring. The mushrooms should start to break down and colour the sauce
- Leave off the heat for five minutes to allow the mushrooms to be heated through. Use a hand held blender to smooth the sauce if desired and return to the heat just before serving to warm through
Some More Useful Recepies
- 18 Sauces for Cocktail Meatballs, Weenies, and Sausa...
Cocktail meatballs, weenies, and sausages are easy to make and quick to disappear! These recipes are great for parties and other gatherings.
- Best Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes: 5 Recipes by Region
Sample five smoky BBQ sauce recipes from the main barbecue regions of the United States. Also included, the origin of barbecue sauce and BBQ cooking methods.
© 2009 PaddyMac1984
More by this Author
A take on a classic sponge, this can make a good homemade birthday cake with lots of flavour or a satisfying result for any amateur baker
These biscuits are fun to make and taste delicious. Kids love to play with the dough and can really get stuck in.
These Macaroons are delicious and very easy to make. They can be a bit messy however they can be great fun to make with kids.
No comments yet.