How to make a Mushroom Sauce
Sauce Making Ideas
- 15g Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Plain flour
- 1 Pint Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 Carton Mushrooms, Peeled and Chopped
Delicious and Quick
Making a mushroom sauce is easy, requires patience and if done well then tastes delicious. The sauce is ideal for accompanying a steak or can cover grilled chicken breasts.
The amount of ingredients required depends on the amount of sauce you would like to make. The amount listed below should be enough to accompany 4 medium sized steaks or healthily cover 2 chicken breasts.
- Slowly melt the butter over a low heat until melted. Use a good saucepan and remove from the heat once the butter has just melted.
- Place the flour into the butter and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. This is the roux, it should be thick and resemble a paste. If this is still runny add a little more flour until thick and paste like
- Pour in a little of the milk and stir in the roux, add the remaining milk and return to the heat
- Heat gently and constantly stir the sauce, continuously stirring stops the sauce from catching and ensures even heating
- The sauce should start to thicken as it heats, it should not be allowed to boil and is ready once the thickened
- Add the mushrooms and stir, keep over a gentle heat for five minutes while stirring. The mushrooms should start to break down and colour the sauce
- Leave off the heat for five minutes to allow the mushrooms to be heated through. Use a hand held blender to smooth the sauce if desired and return to the heat just before serving to warm through
Some More Useful Recepies
- How to Bake Delicious Shortbread Biscuit Fingers
These biscuits are delicious, they are very simple to make and when presented as a small token or gift are greatly received. A square tin does not necessarily need to be used but for the recognisable shortbread fingers this would be...
- Prawns and Peppers in Garlic
This dish is originally adapted from a Tapas menu. Prawns are delicious and easy to cook and this dish combines both of these characteristics. The recpie suggests crusty bread to serve, though a nice foccaccia bread toasted is delicious. Raw king...
- Sponge Cake. Simple and All in One
This cake could not be simpler and is particularly great for people afraid or new to making sponge cakes. All the ingredients go into the bowl and mixed together, there are no separate steps, it is literally that simple. Two cakes can be made and...
- How to Make a Simple Chocolate Ganache
The name is enough to put some people of attempting a ganache. This delicious cake covering is easy to make and has multiple uses. it can be used to cover cakes, fruit, filling cakes or croissants. Basically it easy, quick to make and versatile to...
More by this Author
These cherry bakewell cup cakes are delicious. They tatse great with a good cup of tea.
Easy sponge cake, explained simply for a great introduction to baking.
A take on a classic sponge, this can make a good homemade birthday cake with lots of flavour or a satisfying result for any amateur baker
No comments yet.