How to make a pony cake?
Pony Cake: A galloping treat for your kiddos!
What child doesn't love ponies or horses? With all the stories of knights charging, of princes and princesses riding off into the sunset, of magical carriages and carousels, ponies or majestic horses seem to be in every fantasy film and many fairy tale, and are among the most loved and adored animals of every child.
Making a pony cake is probably not as hard as you think it is-- with any cake mix, the right template and a little bit of colorful icing, you can make a cake that will delight your child at his next birthday or at the next fun family occasion that would surely ride them off to excitement.
- 1 package favorite cake mix
- frosting in base horse color
- frosting in decorative colors
- chocolate candy dot
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions. You can use whatever flavor you like, but it's good to match your flavor to the color you want your horse. For example, if you want a white pony, use a vanilla cake mix. For a brown pony, use a chocolate cake mix.
- Grease 2 9" round cake pans. Divide the cake mix into each pan. Bake as instructed.
- When cakes are done, allow them to cool for 30 minutes. Remove them from the pans and place them on a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- Print out the templates, or use your own if you draw well. One will be the shape of the body, the other gives you the shape of the tail and head. Cut out the template shapes.
- Freeze the cakes for about 10 to 15 minutes. Firmer cakes will not crumble as much when cut. Slice off the very top 'dome' of the cake to make flat, even surfaces.
- Arrange the template shapes on top of the cakes and use a knife to cut out the shapes.
- Arrange the shapes on a cake pan. Chill the cake again if necessary, to avoid crumbs getting into the frosting. Add a smooth layer of frosting in your desired color. For a white pony, use pure white frosting. For a brown pony, mix vanilla and chocolate frosting to the deisred color. If you want, you can tint white frosting purple, blue, pink or yellow with food coloring. Just make sure to give it a smooth, even coat of frosting.
- Take frosting in a complementary color and put it into a piping bag. Decorate your pony by giving it a mane, adding lines to the tail to look like hair, or to draw on it stars, hearts or whatever you like.
- Put a candy melting dot for the eye.
Pony birthday cake - How to make a pony cake
Amazon Cake Decorating
My Cake and Cake Decorating Hubs
- How to Make a Spongebob Cake with Fondant
Cakes are for all occasions. However, cakes are more special when decorated and formed into cute designs and are given during a childs birthday party. There are many ways in which you can design your...
- How to Make Cozonac Romanesc
Cozonac Romanesc The Cozonac Romanesc or Christmas cake is traditional Romanian sweet bread and is usually prepared during special holidays like Easter, Christmas, New Year, and Pentecost. This sweet bread is...
More by this Author
What To Serve With Lobster What to serve with lobster and how to serve a lobster In order to have the perfect lobster meal. What to serve with warm or cold Lobster,3 Methods
Looking to bake something special but fun for a baby shower? Try some cute cookies! Cookies are so easy to decorate, and everyone loves cookies! Here are some cookie decorating ideas for a baby shower.
Granite is gorgeous, but it is expensive! You don't have to pay top dollar if you want the look-- if you're on a budget, try faux painting for furniture that looks like the real thing!