How to Make Bakwan/Perkedel Jagung. Easy Indonesian Corn Fritter Recipe
Are you looking for easy appetizer or snack recipe ? I think I have one that you may like. If you like corn and fritters then you may like bakwan jagung or some people call it as perkedel jagung. This term refers to Indonesian style corn fritter. This crispy and savory fritter is all the time favorite. It is easy to make, delicious and very affordable to make.
Here is my easy bakwan jagung recipe. Add your favorite vegetables to your liking such as carrot and cabbage. Some people like to add kemiri or candle nuts to give nutty taste. This recipe is open to any adjustment. Even you can add your favorite spices. You just need few minutes of work to transform simple corn into special treat for the whole family. . Spend your quality family time with this crunchy, crispy savory finger snack. Enjoy
What You Need for Fixing Bakwan Jagung
1 cup fresh corn kernels or canned,
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/3 cup flour
2 scallions, finely chopped
Canola oil for deep frying
3 tbsp sriracha chili sauce or chili garlic sauce
3 tbsp water
1 tsp sugar
How to Fix Bakwan Jagung
- Use mini food processor to chop 1/2 cup of corn into coarse mass.
- In a mixing bowl, place coarsely chopped coconut, whole kernels corn, water, flour, cornstarch, egg, flour, sugar, and scallions. Mix and stir to create a thick batter. You can add additional 1 tsp flour at a time if it is too thin. Set aside to rest about 30 minutes.
- For dipping sauce, place all of the ingredients on a small bowl. Mix and stir until sugar dissolves. Taste and adjust to your likings. Add more sugar, water or salt or chili sauce according to your taste.
- In a pot or wok, pour oil to a dept of about 1-inch and heat it over medium-high until it reach 350 F or you can test it with a bamboo chopstick. Stand it in the oil and if some small bubbles gather on the surface around the chopstick then the oil is ready.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp batter and gently put it into the hot oil. Cook just as many as will fit in the wok without crowding it. Turning the fritters once and fry them until crisp, puffed and golden brown. It will take about 3 minutes. Use a skimmer and scoop out the fritters to the towel-lined dish to drain.
- When it warm, transfer to serving platter and serve it with dipping sauce.
Perkedel Jagung Recipe
- Quick and Easy Indonesian Tumis Kangkung - Morning Glory Stir Fried Recipe
Kangkung or morning glory (Ipomoea aquatica) also known as water spinach and water convolvulus or swamp cabbage is a popular greens in East and Southeast Asia. This leafy green consider as poor's man dish...
- Easy Pisang Bakar - Indonesian Grilled Banana Sundae Recipe. How to Make Simple Grilled Banana!
Good hot summer weather brings abundance of fresh fruits. Bringing back my childhood memories, We use to eat countless varieties of tropical fruits such as banana, mango, durian, etc. Mostly we consume it...
- Easy Indonesian Jus Alpukat - Avocado Shake Recipe. How to Make Indonesian Style Shake!
Being grew-up in Indonesia, We use to serve avocado as fruit desserts, or other varieties desserts such as es teler (drunken fruits ice) and jus alpukat. Avocado as sweet desserts?. It sounds bizarre, isn't...
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
I am glad winter is finally over and spring has sprung. I can hardly wait for the soil to warm enough so I can grow my own asparagus, my favourite spring vegetables. This tender, crisp and sweet...
- Easy and Healthy Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe (Goi Cuan)
Goi cuan is fresh, light and healthy appetizer from Vietnam which is basically Vietnamese salad (goi) wrapped in rice paper. Sometime it is listed on the menus as summer rolls, salad rolls or garden rolls....
- Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef Satay Recipe (Thit Bo Nuong Xa)
Satay or sate is always on the menu of Thai or other Southeast Asian restaurants. Basically this dish is marinated meat on the skewer and grilled over charcoal flame. There are a lot variants of satay...
- Easy Homemade Vietnamese Chicken Stock Recipe(Nuoc Dung Ga)
Chicken stock Good chicken stock is the soul of any soupy dishes, yet will makes any kind of foods taste. better. This versatile broth is essential in every kitchen. You can buy ready to use stock in cans...
- Easy and Quick Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe (Pho Ga)
Pho Ga Do you love chicken noodle soup and want to try something new than your regular one ? Then try Vietnamese version of chicken noodle soup or Pho Ga. As we know pho is traditional noodle soup from...
More by this Author
How to make Vietnamese spring rolls with spicy dipping sauce. A great finger food.
Craving for delicious fried chicken wings ?. Here is the most easy to fix Chinese style deep fried chicken wings. Every body will just love it and craving for more.
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...