How to make butter chicken at home
One of India's world renowned dishes
Butter chicken is one of the world's favorite Indian dishes of all time. It can be sold at restaurants for a decent amount of money. It can be made for more people and cost less if you made it at home. Here is a list of recipes that are needed before you decide to cook up this specialty dish.
- 1 kg boneless chicken with skin removed
- 1 lime Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 6 cloves
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 1-2 stick(s) your preference cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 8-10 almonds
- 4 seeds from cardamom
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil (veggie, canola, sunflower)
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander power
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes grounded into paste using food processor
- 1/2 liter chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 teaspoons butter
- coriander leaves
- Mix lime juice, salt, red chili powder, and chicken in a non metallic bowl. let it sit for an hour
- Place a flat pan on stove. The heat must be at medium. Roast the cloves, peppercorn, bay leaves, almonds, and cinnamon until darken a little. Let it cool and add the cardamon seeds. Grind into powder using a coffee grinder
- Mix whole spice powder from step 2, the yogurt, coriander, cumin, and turmeric powders together and add to chicken. You have to let this marinate for another hour.
- Heat your oil on medium in a deep pan. Add onions when it gets hot then fry until its pale golden brown in color and add ginger and garlic paste. You then have to fry it for 1 minute.
- Only add the chicken within the chicken spice mix and fry until it turns a whitish color.
- Add your tomato paste, chicken stock, remaining yogurt spice mix, and kasuri methi to the chicken.
- Cook it until chicken is tender at the gravy volume is cut in half
- Melt your butter in a separate pan and pour it over the chicen
- Garnish with coriander leaves. You then serve it with Naan and Kaali Daal
|Calories from Fat||81|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 52 g||17%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 210 g||420%|
|Cholesterol 45 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
The first reason to name why you shouldn't smoke weed is because it is illegal. Besides it being illegal, what is some more reasons why you shouldn't smoke weed? There have been many reasons why people avoid smoking...
Serial killer Ted Bundy, the face of a rapist, murderer, and necrophiliac claimed the lives of 30+ victims in his 42 years existing. Many believe the number of murders victims extend well over 100. What happened to him...
Serial killers come in all shapes and sizes. These two individuals—Mary Bell and Jesse Pomeroy happen to be children, murdering their victims without remorse or fear of consequences.