How to make delicious pork lumpia
I love making lumpia...here is my own recipe...
There are certain food dishes that you love to cook, and lumpia at least for me is one of them. It's one that takes some time to prepare - but so worth it in the end. Which is why when I do make them, I make enough to freeze and give away to my kids. Recently I made 9 dozen for my grandsons birthday bbq, there were about 20 people there with kids too and we didn't have any leftovers. That's a compliment and everyone loved the pork lumpia that I served with rasberry chipolte dipping sauce - yummy.
Oh and don't let the preparation time frighten you. It does take a couple of hours to wrap the lumpia, especially if you are new to making these little beauties. But I can honestly say it now only takes me about an hour to wrap as many as many as 9 dozen. That saying is so true, the more you practice, the faster you get. A great way to make the time fly by is listen to your favorite tunes. Or, you can have a lumpia wrapping party and invite your girlfriends to come over and help - either way it's a fun time and you will surely reap an abundant harvest!
So I decided if my family loves this dish I would share it with you. Hope you will try it and experiment with different variations. I've made hamburger lumpia, you can even make veggie lumpia too. It is my own easy recipe - so enjoy.
- Medium Pork roast
- 1/2 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 4 tablespoons crushed garlic, If you are not a garlic lover 3 will do
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 bag shredded cole slaw with carrots
- 1/2 tspoon each salt & pepper
- 3 boxes Sinex brand lumpia wrappers
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 cup (approx.) flour
- 1-1/2 cup water
Instructions for pork lumpia
- Place the medium size pork roast in a large crock pot with two tablespoons of garlic, salt and pepper and add 1-1/2 cups water. Slow cook for approximately 7 hours on low, until very tender. Set aside to cool.
- After meat is cooled shred and pull pork into thin strips and place in large clear plastic bag, add the 1/2 cup of Yoshida Gourmet sauce and the remainder two tablespoons of garlic. Let stand in fridge overnight. If you are not a garlic lover you may just use one. Leaving the pork overnight in the sauce allows the meat to take on a great flavor.
- Next day, cut the green onions into very thin, then mix together, the pork, shredded cole slaw and mix well. This is your filling, set aside. Quick tip: if the pork has a runny consistency do drain the excess liquid before mixing with the coleslaw, otherwise the lumpia will be too moist and not fry properly.
- Prepare the paste for the wrappers. Take a small glass mixing bowl and beat the 3 eggs, then slowly add flour mixing with a fork until you have a paste consistency. Set aside
- Prepare the table where you will be wrapping the lumpia. I always use foil to over a large area of the table and lay things in order for easier access. I place a large rectangle pan on my right to place the finished lumpia, and in the center is the mix and the paste and on the left is the wrappers. This works for me but you have to do what works better for you.
- The instructions on how to wrap lumpia are featured in the video below, or you can find them on the clear cover to the wrappers. In the video she shows a different way of sealing the lumpia, remember I use the brush on paste, works much better.
- Tip: I use the Sinex wrappers approximately (30) in each box and it's the blue box. They are indivudally wrapped which makes it so much easier to separate. Believe me you will thank me for this tip!
How to wrap lumpia....I use the paste not just the egg!
Remember you leave the pork marinading 24 hrs too.
More of my recipes you will love!
- Best ever teriyaki stir fry salmon
This has to be the best salmon stir fry recipe I have ever encountered, simply delicious!
More by this Author
Avon was founded in 1886 by David H. McDonnell, and is now a Fortune 500 Company, empowering women of all ages. Thus began the unique concept of "direct selling" door to door of cosmetic and fragrance products.
Read about the best RV and camping parks to stay at while visiting beautiful Whidbey Island, Washington, along with other activities and awesome photos of the area.
Ever want to make something sweet and not have to bake it or have to use a bunch of ingredients? Well this recipe is for you. So easy and only uses 4 ingredients - delicious!