How to make fancy flower cupcakes with marshmallow and frosting
You may have often watched shows like Cake Boss, Cupcake Wars, etc. and wondered, how do they do it?
Truth be told, decorating cupcakes is an art, and it can be argued that you either have the talent... or you don't.
But, there is good news!
There are some tricks out there that make decorating cupcakes easy as pie (er...cake.) and look like they were decorated by the pros!
One of my favorite cupcakes is the chyrsanthemum cupcakes that I recently made for a friend's wedding shower. Using only icing, marshmallows and colored sugars, I easily and quickly made cupcakes that guests raved over.
What you need
Colored sugar (preferably a finer grain)
Cake frosting of choice
1. Frost your cupcake. Be sure not to put an overly generous amount, but put enough so that your marshmallows will stick in it securely.
2. Cut a mini-marshmallow in half, on a diagonal.
3. Dip the cut side of the marshmallow into the sugar. The sugar will only stick to the part of the marshmallow that was exposed when cut. This will produce a two tone effect on the marshmallow, making it look like a petal.
**For this step, you can also cut up several marshmallows and put them into a ziploc bag with the sugar, and shake.
4. Arrange dipped marshmallows in a circle pattern around the perimeter of the cupcake. Continue to arrange marshmallows in smaller circles, so that eventually the entire cupcake is covered.
More by this Author
How to kill cock roaches that have managed to make their way into your home using some of the tried and true methods and products.
- 0How you can have a forum post or whole thread written about you removed from Topix, remove bad posts
Although originally created for spreading legitimate news, having intelligent debates and advertising community happenings, Topix.com has become somewhat of a venue foe gossips to post their latest findings to a mass...
- 13How I Just Knew I Was Pregnant Before Ever Taking a Test or Having a Missed Period, including round ligament pain
Expectant mother uses her sixth sense to diagnose pregnancy. Earliest pregnancy signs and symptoms.