How to make ground beef omelette
Ground Beef/Pork Omelette
Prep time: 30-45 minutes
Serves 6-10 persons
2 lbs ground beef/pork
1/2 white onions (chopped)
5 cloves garlic crushed n chopped
1 medium potato cubed
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
2 tablespoon soy sauce
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 cup of water
1-2 pieces of bay leaf
- Sautee garlic, onions and tomatoes until well - cooked.
- Add ground beef/pork. Cook until brown then add soy sauce, bell pepper, ground black pepper and salt.
- Pour water and add potato. Let it simmer under slow fire for about 20-30 minutes until potato is cooked and until no more water. This dish has to be dry, that way the eggs will incorporate with the meat. Let it cool and set aside.
- On a medium bowl, beat 3-4 medium eggs. (depends on egg's size) Make sure the mixture is not too runny.
- Add the meat then place it on any tray/dish that is oven safe.
- The old way for us to cook this is to fry them in small scoops like a crab cake/pancake size. I just baked it instead of frying one by one. This saves you more time, more money, and most of all your life by not consuming too much oil. :P
- Spray or wipe the baking tray/dish with cooking oil before putting the meat and the egg to prevent sticking from the pan.
- This can also be cooked when you had a lefover from Picadillo dish (ground beef w tomato sauce and peppers.
How to make Omelette
More by this Author
Celebrating 18th birthday for young women in the Philippines is a very special event every family looks forward to. If a girl comes from a middle-class or affluent family, most of the time, they do a lot of preparations...
Learn how to make pork adobo.Adobo is one of the most famous Filipino dishes. Meat choices are chicken or pork. This simple dish is loved by many because of its sweet, sour, and garlicky flavor.