How to make mouth watering shortbread!!!
The following recipe has never failed me in the past, also the end product is always exceptional. I hope you find them absolutely delicious as I and many of my customers have done over the years.
Flour 300 g
Caster sugar 100 g
Butter 200 g
1. Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix in the flour to a smooth paste.
3. Roll out the paste 10 mm thick.
4. Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Prick with a fork.
5. Bake in an oven at 175°C for 40 minutes or until light golden brown in colour.
6. Remove from oven allow to cool on a tray then dust with caster sugar.
1. To make a good shortbread it is important to use butter rather than margarine.
2. Shortbread is fragile. When shaping and transferring to a baking tray care must be taken. Shortbread must be allowed to cool and set on the tray used for baking.