How to make spicy mixed seafood
Traveling around the world is so much fun especially if you encounter certain delicacies that are not found in your local country. This is the reason why I wrote this hub. This is in order for you to learn how to cook foreign delicacies where ever you are in the globe. Cooking has been a way of life and as a cook; you can enhance your skills by cooking certain delicacies. If you are in this hub, there is a big chance that you are here to look for certain dishes that your tongue is enticed for. Well today is your lucky day, because you have found this page. In this hub I will be providing information about a good appetizer that will urge you to eat to your heart's content. I will teach you how to prepare spicy mixed seafood.
Where did spicy mixed seafood originated?
Typically, almost all of foods that are spicy came from the continent of Asia where spices and food resources from the ocean is abundant. Besides, almost food sources from this continent are naturally produced, meaning it is not genetically modified or altered to maximize its production. Spicy seafood recipes was made famous by Thai people and spicy mixed seafood is no exception. If you have traveled in Thailand, many of their resources are from the ocean. This made easier for them to come up with certain delicacies that focus with resources that came from the ocean such as fish, crustaceans and a lot more.
An example of spicy mixed seafood
Ingredients of spicy mixed seafood
- 3 gloves garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 10 to 12 pcs mussels
- 6 pcs crab legs
- 1 cup shrimp
- 2 slices catfish
- 1 1/2 cup squash, sliced
- 1/2 canned crush tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 pcs chili
- cilantro for garnish
How to prepare spicy mixed seafood?
- To start off, you would need either a pan or a wok. Make sure that the pan is properly heated so that the ingredients that you would be adding in won’t stick to the pan. If you have a nonstick pan then that will be much better.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and I would prefer any type of vegetable oil to lessen the cholesterol content since lard or tallow has more cholesterol content compared to vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot sauté 3 cloves of garlic together with 1 medium sized onion
- Add 2 slices of catfish and 12 pieces mussels.
- Upon noticing that the catfish has been cooked and the mussels is starting to open add in 6 pieces crab legs and 1 cup of shrimp.
- Before all seafood gets cooked, add in 1 1/2 cups of sliced squash.
- Toss for a minute then add 1/2 canned crush tomatoes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water then boil and cover it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 1 can coconut milk.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add 2 pieces of chili and remove from heat.
- Now that the meal has already been cooked, transfer it in a serving bowl then garnish it with cilantro.
Here are some varieties of spicy mixed seafood
Nutritional value of Fish
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Protein 67 g||134%|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35%|
|Sodium 314 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Nutritional Value of spicy mixed seafood
As we all know, seafood resources are good sources of omega 3 and omega 6 commonly found in fish oil. This oil is responsible for reducing cholesterol that will lessen the risk of blood clots in the arteries. Seafood is an excellent low calorie high protein food. Fish are good alternatives to red meat and fish contains proteins that the body needs to maintain and repair cellular tissue. It also allows growth in the body. Seafood contains vitamins and minerals as well such as potassium. Vitamin E and vitamin D are good for our skin; Vitamin A which is good for our eyes, Calcium which enhances bone growth which is also responsible for construction, formation, and maintenance of bone and teeth. Seafood also contains iron which is good for our blood. Seafood provides good health benefits. Research shows that eating 2 to 4 servings of fish per week reduces your risk for having a stroke or heart attack.
Nutrients and minerals
0.33 mg of iron
20 to 25 g
4 ounces of Shrimp
3 oz of mussels
6 g carbohydrates
100 g of Crab
copper, zinc, and potassium
More by this Author
This webpage describes a quick guide for gamers who are playing Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. The purpose of this is to add information on how to use the character Tiny the Stone Giant properly. This can also help...
This hub is about creating a refreshing drink called Coco milk tea. Not only it is healthy but also a refreshing drink any person would greatly appreciate.
This hub was made in honor to the great hero in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne Akasha the Queen of Pain. The purpose of this hub is to educate gamers around the globe on how to properly use Akasha as a hero without being...