How to open a coconut
Open a Coconut and Get the Juice and Fruit
Coconut Water & Oil for Coconut Health Benefits
Easy Way To Break the Shell
How to Open a Coconut SlideshowClick thumbnail to view full-size
Open a coconut yourself for the most coconut benefits
Coconuts provide many different health benefits such as being rich in potassium, lowering cholesterol, and supports lowering blood pressure. However, many people find them an intimidating fruit if they did not grow up in tropical regions where the coconuts grow. The outer shell layer and the even tougher inner hard shell, makes the coconut difficult to open, especially when trying to be delicate enough to not spill the coconut water that you want to save for a delicious and healthy drink..
Most of us love to drink and eat young coconut fruit for it is healthy, tasty and so refreshing for our body. Other than that,we cant deny the fact that not all of us know how to open the coconut fruit in order to get the juice and meat out from the coconut shell. For those people who feel naïve on how to open a coconut fruit this page might help you get some of the ideas on how to open a young coconut fruit. You can buy young coconuts in Safeway or in any Asian stores here in US. One of my favorite basics to make with a coconut is a coconut salad, but the juice is tasty as well and there are many other enjoyable dishes with coconut.
Steps for Opening
Coconut Opening Procedures:
1. First step you need to do is have a big sharp knife with a heel and a young coconut fruit.You don't have to buy a machete to open the coconuts in the stores in the US.
2. Position the young coconut fruit laying sideways. Put your one hand in the coconut fruit a little further at the back of the knife while your other hand is holding the handle of the knife.
3. Start cutting away the white coconut husk in the diamond-shaped portion of the coconut forming a circle, do it carefully while letting the knife natural curve while peeling, until the brown coconut shell portion is expose.
4. Using the back of your knife, you just whack the brown coconut shell off. Push your knife down until the shell pops off.
5. Pour the coconut juice in an empty glass.
6. Get the coconut meat out of its shell using a coconut scoop, fork or a spoon.
After doing all the procedures, you are now ready to use it as one of the ingredients in any recipes that you will make. Have fun with your coconut and enjoy using it! ;)
Have You Cracked A Coconut?
Have you ever opened a fresh coconutSee results without voting
Additional Philippines Food Related Hubs
- Mango Float Recipe
Recipe and pictures of making a delicious dessert from the Philippines - Mango Float
- Recipe for Pancit Bihon & Canton Vegetable and Seafood Options
Pancit a popular noodle dish in the Philippines with Bihon or Canton noodles, vegetables and seafood like shrimp and scallops.
- BBQ Pork Fried Rice Recipe with Pictures
Don’t throw away any of the left-over BBQ pork from yesterday, because you can use it to make another tasty meal with whatever you have around in the refridgerator.
- How to Roll Banana Lumpia or Roll Egg Rolls
How to roll an egg roll or banana lumpia. Pictures and video about lumpia rolling.
- Coconut Salad - A Filipino Refreshing Fruit Salad Recipe
Coconut Fruit Salad with Strawberries and Apples and Bananas A Refreshing Fruit Salad - Coconut Salad with Strawberries, Apples, and Bananas Coconut fruit is a favorite fruit in tropical areas due to the fact...
- Letchon Baboy - BBQ Roasted Pork in the Philippines
Roasting a whole pig is a great way to have a big meal with friends and family. The Filipino Letchon Baboy takes BBQ pork to the next level.
- The Food in the Philippines Amazing Flavors
The foods in the Philippines are just awesome from big plates of roasted pork and rice to the sweetest mangoes and bananas. You will enjoy the hospitality and the amazing food throughout the islands of the Philippines.
More by this Author
Smoking oysters is a delicious method for this exceptional seafood product. The cure and the smoke combination brings out the flavor of the shellfish and makes them very easy to serve with crackers and cheese for a...
Coconut Salad is a favorite fruit in tropical areas due to the fact they are locations that tend to be where there are lots of growing coconuts. Coconut fruit is great for a healthy fruit snack
Learning how to fish jerkbaits is a skill every avid bass fisherman should have for the winter and spring seasons. The fish can be sluggish in cooler water and a jerkbait produces reaction strikes.