How to prepare Butter Chicken
You might have had butter chicken from restaurants or even you might have prepared it from home. This is totally different from the original recipe, but delicious.Try it on.
Cooking Time: 30-40 min
500g of chicken (boneless/with bones)
3 tbsp butter
Juice from 1 lime
2 cups coconut milk (thick)
10 fried cashew nuts for garnishing
Green Peas for garnishing (Soaked and boiled)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1 big size onion (chopped)
2 medium size tomatoes (pieces)
1 tbsp garlic paste/chopped
1 tbsp ginger paste/chopped
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coriander seeds
¼ tsp turmeric powder
10 cashew nuts
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp butter/ cooking oil
Method of preparation:
- Marinate the chicken with lime juice and salt. Keep it aside for an hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter/cooking oil in a pan and pan fry the items which are mentioned here to make the paste. Once the mixture is well cooked, turn it off and let it cool.
- Grind the mixture and prepare a thick paste. Do not add water.
- Heat a pan with 3 tbsp of butter and add marinated chicken. Cook it well, until it turns golden brown. Mix it once in a while with the help of a wooden spoon. Don’t burn the chicken pieces.
- Once the chicken is ready, pour coconut milk and mix the grinded paste as well.
- Add salt and chili powder if you want it even spicier.
- Once the gravy becomes thicken, garnish it with coriander leaves, green peas, fried cashew nuts and serve it with rice or flat bread.
- You can use ½ cup of fresh curd instead of coconut milk. Add water according to the gravy required.
- You can cook the chicken in tandoor instead of pan frying.
More by this Author
I’m not writing this hub to hurt anyone who belongs to the particular religion or make any offense against these spiritual activities, rituals or any other. But I just want to share some information about a group...