How To Roast Beets In 5 Steps
How To Roast Beets
How To Roast Beets? Roasted Beets can be a very delicious and a healthy snack and also does not require a lot of effort which is great.
The thing to just love about roasted beets is that its superb as it becomes soft, keeping a minimum of crunchiness, and strikes just the right balance.
Addition of some balsamic vinegar adds a sweet touch , they become slightly caramelized, which makes it even better.
To roast beets it must be whole and with skin to prevent excessive drying, the leaves are cut, leaving a little stem very short because if they would release the entire flush juice and may dry out during the cooking period. The technique we employ is that of the foil, which consists of wrapping beets in aluminum foil.
The beets are roasted for two hours (may vary as later explained) at 150-200 º C or until it can pass easily with a toothpick at the center. Once roasted is black, shrivel and loses its luster, but are extremely tasty.
Ingredients 1 / 2 kg of beets
6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 sprig of rosemary
olive oil 1 / 2 cup
balsamic vinegar 4 tablespoons
- Cut the beets in 4 quarter.
- Then boil in salted water about 10 minutes or tender make sure are slightly cooked and NOT fully cooked.
Preheated oven at 200 º .
- In the mean time take a dish ,put the beets and wrap aluminium foil on it and place it in the oven now the time to roast beet will vary depending on size of beets check after 30 minutes if tender enough.
- Once roasted allow them to cool and now you can peel the skin off which will come off very easily.
- Put the oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary leaf, ground pepper and crushed garlic and mix it all up together , you may also use your favourite dressings if you like with your roasted beets and its ready to be served.
No comments yet.