Iced Coffee Drink Recipes
This year save money on your iced coffee indulgences by making some of them yourself. It is not expensive or time consuming to make iced coffee at home. With a little patience and the proper ingredients and supplies, you'll be recreating your favorite cafe treats in no time.
I have included a short tips section for making iced coffee, followed by all of the recipes that you'll ever need. I divided the recipes into the following sections:
- Classic Recipes. Get the basics down right, overnight brews.
- Sweet/Specialty Drinks. Vanilla, cinnamon, coconut, ice cream, chocolate.
- Seasonal Recipes. If you love pumpkin, check this out.
- International Recipes. Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican.
- Blended Drinks. Frappuccinos, cappuccinos, mochas, smoothie iced coffee recipes.
- Alcoholic Recipes. Make your love for coffee part of your next party.
Tips for Making Great Iced Coffee
- Purchase high quality, whole beans and store them properly. It does take extra time to grind coffee beans yourself, but it is well worth the effort. Ignore the suggestions in some of the recipes here to use instant coffee and go the extra mile. Don't store your beans in the fridge or freezer. Instead store them in a sealed container in a dark cabinet or other storage space.
- Use filtered water and fresh ice cubes. If the water that comes out of your tap doesn't taste great, consider using a Brita system. Don't remember when you made the current batch of ice cubes in your freezer? Make a fresh batch.
- Alternatively, for stronger coffee, make coffee cubes. Obviously using water ice cubes will water down the coffee. If you want to keep your coffee flavor strong, make coffee cubes.
- Consider purchasing a French press. Is this essential? Absolutely not. Will it make a difference if you're looking for that professional coffee house taste? Yes.
Cold Brew Coffee Tutorial
While there is absolutely nothing wrong with an iced coffee with sugar, spice, whipped cream, or other added goodies, one of the best ways to enjoy it is as a classic coffee drink. Maybe a little milk and sugar is all you need.
I'm sure that there are many people that skipped right to this section. You won't be disappointed.
- Sweet Cinnamon Iced Coffee. I am a huge fan of cinnamon and cannot believe that I didn't think of this myself. It's on my "to try" list now!
- Coconut Iced Coffee. This is another one of those "that should have been me" ideas. Coconut cream or coconut milk will add a delicious kick to any coffee.
- Iced Espresso. For those of you looking for that extra kick that espresso provides, this one is for you.
- With Vanilla Ice Cream. Make any iced coffee into a delicious dessert by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Godiva raspberry ice cream coffee. Does someone have to twist your arm to get you to try Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee?
How to Make Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
This may seem like kind of a funny sub-topic as iced coffee is already clearly a seasonal drink for many people. However, I found a not insignificant number of pumpkin spiced coffee recipes that I thought deserved their own section. If you get an iced coffee craving in the fall, one of these recipes will be perfect.
- Pumpkin Spice Vietnamese Iced Coffee. Pumpkin spice syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Do I need to say anything else?
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte. Go for the full pumpkin pie effect with both pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Light Maple & Pumpkin Spice Latte. What better flavor combination is there for fall than maple syrup and pumpkin?
There are a few popular international iced coffee recipes out there. Whether you're interested in recreating a flavor that you had at a specific restaurant or coffee house or you're simply interested in trying something new, consider one of the following recipes.
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee. Karen has some specific Vietnamese coffee brand recommendations to get the taste just right.
- Iced Thai Latte. Espresso, cardamon, and condensed milk create a unique Thai drink.
- Iced Mexican Coffee with Café De Olla. If you're looking for something really different, check this out. The Café De Olla includes cinnamon, cloves, anise, and brown sugar.
Best Independent Coffee Shops: Milwaukee, WI
Just because you're making your iced coffee at home to save a little money doesn't necessarily mean that you're looking for something healthy. The good news is that whenever you're cooking from scratch, you know exactly what you're putting into your food or drink. Most likely the blended coffee drink that you make will be a little healthier than the coffee shop one.
- Blended Coffee. If you want a blended drink that is not super sweet, check out this recipe. Stephanie uses a little cocoa powder and agave syrup to give her drink just a hint of sweet.
- Healthier, Iced Cappuccino. Please note that I said healthier. I'm not promoting this as a health food. However, it is gluten free, vegan, daily free, refined sugar free, and corn free.
- Iced Cappuccinos. On the flip side, you can make cappuccinos as sweet and dairy filled as you like.
- Spicy Godiva Iced Mocha. If you didn't get enough Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee with the first recipe (see the sweet section), you can give this one a try, too. It gets its spicy kick from Chipotle pepper.
- Raspberry Hazelnut Frappe. Complete the Godiva Chocolate Truffle experience with hazelnut AND raspberry syrups.
- Iced Madarin Orange Cafe Mocha. Orange is another genius addition to a coffee drink.
- The Best Mocha & Frappe Recipe. For those looking for the ultimate indulgent blended iced coffee drink, you can't go wrong here. Chocolate syrup will add the perfect touch.
When I started researching iced coffee recipes, I had no intention of including an alcoholic section. Of course it should come as no surprise that I found a handful of great alcoholic recipes. While I do not endorse substituting one of these for your regular cup of morning coffee, this is a great option for summer barbeques, bachelorette parties, and other special occasions.
- Iced Coffeetini. You have to click through to this recipe and check out the photos, which are so beautiful. This will wow guests at any party.
- Coffee Cocktails: Kirsch au Café and Café Corrección Ponche. Combine your love for coffee and cocktails.
- Pumpkin Martinis. This is another perfect option for fall. Check out an additional pumpkin martini option here.
Do you like iced coffee?See results without voting
More by this Author
Do you love making smoothies but don't want to use bananas in them? There are lots of easy healthy green smoothie recipes that produce delicious, creamy drinks without bananas!
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy delicious cold watermelon drinks. There are lots of non alcoholic and alcoholic recipes with options ranging from lemonade to sangria to Moscow mules.
This article is a collection of sample interview questions and answers for special education teachers. It also contains a number of tips and considerations for the interview.