Impress with this delectable Coconut Creme Caramel Recipe - How to make Coconut Creme Caramel
Have your say on this Coconut Creme Caramel
This is a simple dessert with only a handful of ingredients that many will carry in their pantry for months on end (or maybe it's just me).
Custard tarts are well renounced french desserts, however using coconut creme in this recipe, we have given it an East Asian Twist.
Just like creme Brulee, this recipe is delicate and luscious, melt in your moth. Just what we all need after a long day at work!
To serve, sprinkle some toasted coconuts over the top or serve with summer fruits or berries.
- 400 mls good quality coconut milk
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 300 mls thickened cream
Make your very own Coconut Creme Caramel
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a cake tin of any shape.
- Place 250 grams of sugar and 70 grams of cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium. Keep cooking with stirring until the sugar mixture becomes a deep honey golden color. Pour into the pre- prepared cake tin and set aside to cool and harden.
- Place coconut cream, milk and vanilla essence in a clean saucepan and cook on medium heat stirring occasionally. Allow about 5 minutes until small bubbles start to form around the saucepan. Do not let this mixture boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk whole eggs and remaining sugar in a large bowl. Slowly add cream mixture, whisking constantly. DO NOT combine all the mixture into the eggs in one go as the heat may cook the eggs. Using a sieve, strain the mixture into cake pan on top of the caramel mixture.
- Place a tea towel in a larger baking tray, and place the cake tin onto the tea towel. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up sides of pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm and just set.
- Remove pan from oven and water bath. Set aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of custard to allow it to separate from the tray. Gently turn out onto a plate and serve as desired.
More by this Author
Easy to make Greek Easter Biscuits with crushed almonds. Quick and easy to make, these Greek Biscuits are the perfect treat for the young and old. Make some for Easter, Christmas or just because...
Quick and easy Chocolate Caramel Slice that everyone will love to share. This delicious recipes features 3 layers, a crunchy base, a smooth caramel middle and a delicate chocolate top.
This melt in your mouth, moist and fluffy cake is absolutely delicious. Unlike other recipes this recipe is neither dry nor dense. The texture is just perfect with the right amount of dates.
No comments yet.